PDA

View Full Version : Another Happy Camper From Texas

Txoutback
06-01-2011, 11:47 AM
I take delivery of my 277RL tomorrow and am looking forward to spending time both here and in the campgrounds in my new rig. I have had a Sportsmen 2404 for seven years and now it is time for an upgrade. My previous TV was a F150 4.6L so I was limited in capability as far as weight. I purchased a 2011 F150 Ecoboost last month and now I'm ready for a bigger TT with some slide.
I reside on the Texas gulf coast and fish every chance I get while camping up and down the coastline.

Handysam
06-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Welcome to the forums, and congrats on the new TT. Good luck fishing and happy camping, Sam

ems330
06-22-2011, 01:19 PM
You'll have to let me know how the eco-boost pulls a trailer. I looked at engine for my new truck and decided to go with the 6.2L . I didnt want to tax the turbos that much.

Txoutback
06-22-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm quite pleased with her so far. The truck pulls like a deisel with tons of low-end torque and very stable on the highway. I am skeptical on the longivity of the turbo's as well but time will tell. I wished they would have included a temp guage for them.
I'll let you know in 5 years how this works out.

ems330
06-25-2011, 04:54 AM
Sounds good. Have fun with the new truck and T/T. I know we plan on it. Wish we were closer to coast and not in middle of west Texas.

Bankerbob
06-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Welcome from Canada! We are looking forward to our Outback 27RLS as well. Just retired and have a 9 month trip planned from Western Canada to the Maritimes then south and back West for the winter months. Great luck with the new Ford. I am pulling mine with a F350 King Ranch that we used to pull a Fuzion toyhauler. LOL, wifey wanted more living space so we don't trip over each other. Quad back to being hauled around in the box of the truck but what the heck. I am looking forward to this site for lots of info.:cool: