PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion 369 Dryer Vent

Kelsc
06-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Newbie! Fulltimer!

Our new Fuzion 369 toy hauler is equipped with washer/dryer connections. There is a vent right below the connections. It makes sense this would be to vent the dryer. However, it appears to not lead outside. Does anyone know if this is an actual dryer vent?

Thank you!

RaptorJB
06-19-2017, 04:14 AM
On my Raptor 425 we installed the washer\dryer combo and the vent had to be installed, so I'm thinking when you get yours installed they will drill the hole for the vent and install the vent cap on the outside. Hope this helps if any...

JRTJH
06-19-2017, 05:54 AM
The washer/dryer option is still not that common is many RV's. The cabinet is included as is the plumbing, usually as "standard equipment" but the vent isn't "cut in the side of the RV" in most applications. I'd suspect that it's because people who don't have, don't want or didn't order a washer/dryer would "find fault" with someone cutting a 3" or 4" hole in the side of their brand new trailer.... "I'm not buying that, my DW doesn't want a washer/dryer and I don't want a hole for mice to crawl into our trailer during the winter"......

So, the vent ducting may be in the cabinet, but I'd suspect the hole isn't cut unless someone "really does use the vent"......

MattHelm21
06-19-2017, 04:36 PM
I was looking at the 3D view on the Fuzion web site and that looks more like an air con vent to me although I've never seen one that low before. Can you try running all your AC units and see if you get any flow from it?

tkljr
06-20-2017, 01:48 PM
Kelsc,

If you mean something like this round "vent" it's a heater output.

dcg9381
06-21-2017, 08:57 AM
I looked into this a bit. On the Carbon (which looks like the above) one of the exterior walls has a sticker that says "dryer vent" - I assume you cut it yourself.

Looking into RV combo washer dryers there are two types. One needs a vent. The other does not. I really don't know if one is "better" than the other, but I'd prefer not to cut holes in my trailer if I can help it. The non-vent kind condenses moist air and puts it into the drain.

fatcatzzz
06-21-2017, 09:18 AM
Get vented......drying time are far less than non-vented. Can wash and dry at the same time. My2cents

canesfan
06-21-2017, 09:23 AM
Kelsc,

If you mean something like this round "vent" it's a heater output.

x2 on the heater vent. Mine look just like that picture too.

Kelsc
06-25-2017, 05:43 PM
Thanks everyone so much! We figured out it was a heater vent! And the Mr. did some nice venting work through the window! We didn't want to cut any holes!

Kelsc
06-25-2017, 05:55 PM
See pics below!

hdrolling
07-02-2017, 02:26 PM
Installing the vent is very easy as long as you have the hole saw bit, I think It cost me $10 at harbor freight. I'd post better pics but photo bucket lost their minds....

We like to wash and dry while we're out, it takes a while but when we get back everything is normally dry.