PDA

View Full Version : Mounting TV in bedroom

wdone1
06-16-2017, 04:41 AM
Where can you mount a TV bracket on a Cougar 30RLI? There is a sticker telling where to mount the bracket but there isn't any backing to hold the bracket. Any ideas???

PARAPTOR
06-16-2017, 05:36 AM
Was always my understanding that those labels where used to indicate where you could mount say a TV. It was also my understanding that the identified area either was reinforced and/or had stud(s) in that area. :confused: I assume you have used some device to determine there was nothing behind that area??

cynjon
06-16-2017, 06:16 AM
I went through the same head-scratching process when mounting a TV in the master bedroom of my 2015 27RKS. The dealer supposedly called the manufacturer and was told that the backer was made of wood, while other info indicated that the backer was made of galvanized steel. A magnet didn't indicated anything steel behind the wall where the sticker. Feedback from this forum said that the backer was likely aluminum plate stretching from stud to stud. I used a quality studfinder and thoroughly explored the area where the sticker was located. It appeared that the backer went from stud to stud (about 16" wide) and was surprisingly tall (probably 16-20"). I drilled a small test hole in a location that would work for my bracket and found that the backer on mine was indeed aluminum. I drilled the rest of the holes, used screws that were short enough to get a good bite into the backer yet not protrude through the side of the camper (I think I used 1" screws) and my TV has been rock solid ever since. Take your time and get a good idea where your backer is (whether it is wood, galvanized steel or aluminum) and be careful drilling the holes, and you'll be just fine. Good luck!