PDA

View Full Version : Alaska Newbie

polarbearbait
06-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi -- We bought our 2009 37' Montana a couple of summers ago. We were new to campers but now we've pulled it from Oklahoma to Alaska and back and then back to Alaska. We are spending this summer completely in Alaska and we're throroughly pleased with our purchase. We live in the bush during the school year and then live in the fifth wheel for the summer. For our family of four it has worked out just fine.

I found this site as I was searching for info on getting the flood light at the front side of the camper to turn off. We had this problem last summer and the control board had burned up. The place we bought it took good care of us but now we're up in ALaska and we're not sure what to do.

I'm looking forward to reviewing past posts and picking up lots of good tips.

;)

Handysam
06-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Welcome to the forums. Lots of great reading here and people as well. Happy Camping, Sam

Terrydactile
06-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Here is a link to find the nearest Montana dealer to Perryville.

http://www.keystonerv.com/?page=locator&PHPSESSID=5613b15cf0a67fe623a4978165f3e685

polarbearbait
06-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the welcome and link. We have found a place here in Anchorage to see about the fussy light. --Melissa

aksnowman
06-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Hey there. We too live in Alaska and traveling the state right now. Where in Anchorage did you take yours as I am needing some work done on our Montana as well?

Maybe see you down the road sometime.

Jeff

polarbearbait
06-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Hi Jeff --- we didn't get it fixed, as such..... my husband just took the light bulb out. We are in Valdez and loving it. It is just beautiful. -- Melissa

aksnowman
06-26-2011, 12:15 PM
We are hoping to get down to Valdez this summer. We are in North Pole right now and headed to Seward and Homer next week. Enjoy your summer.