PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Cougar 327RLK

V2wings
06-14-2017, 06:24 PM
By the bed there is a hole that looks factory made in the wall but doesn't make since since hole is probably 10" x 8" dose anyone know the purpose of the hole?

Tbos
06-15-2017, 03:11 AM
Post a picture it might help identify it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PARAPTOR
06-15-2017, 07:19 AM
I assume you looked into the opening?? See anything? I would look in that area on the outside say for Furnace or HWT vents, that is a pretty good size opening to not have a cover?? As stated a picture would help

V2wings
06-15-2017, 05:26 PM
The camper is in the shop but I will try to get a picture. Looks like a finished inside the hole. The dealer can't explain it.

V2wings
06-16-2017, 06:56 PM
How do I post pictures

V2wings
06-16-2017, 07:09 PM
This is the pictures of the mysterious hole. One is the outside of the hole and the other is the finished inside

outwest
06-16-2017, 07:12 PM
dirty clothes hidey-hole? That is a head scratcher.

chuckster57
06-16-2017, 08:28 PM
Since it's "finished" it was meant to be built that way. I would contact Keystone customer service and ask. Looks like a good place for a clothes basket.

Tbos
06-17-2017, 04:01 AM
I think you should order a door and use it for dirty clothes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dblanch57
06-17-2017, 06:59 AM
coffee maker so you wouldn't have to get out of bed to have your coffee? Wet bar? cat bed? It is a mystery.

JRTJH
06-17-2017, 07:49 AM
Here's a "WAG" (Wild A** Guess) and I don't know if it's even close. Many of the Keystone models use similar floorplans and some use identical cabinet assemblies, sometimes in different places. So that same cabinet may "show up" in a Sprinter or a Laredo trailer (maybe not even a fifth wheel) in the kitchen and that may be the space where the power supply or a furnace vent or ???? is positioned in "the other model".... It may serve no purpose or function in the Cougar and/or it may be "missing the door" that makes it a "final cabinet" where it's used in the Cougar.

Possibly, if the OP can find another 327RLK on the lot, preferably one that was constructed a few months before or after his, he might find that it's a bit different. Then again, he may also find that it looks exactly the same and that's how Keystone "intended it to look"...

But, I'd guess that the cabinet framework is used in multiple trailers and not specifically built for just that one application, so the "hole" probably is just the way Keystone built it or ordered it.

Kind of like asking, "Why is this plug behind my back seat?" and being told, "It's for the sub-woofer"... "But I don't have a sub-woofer" and hearing, "The same wiring harness is used in all trim levels of this model truck, so your plug is just a spare. It's cheaper that way."

V2wings
06-20-2017, 06:09 PM
I saw a diagram that showed the hole was a laundry
Mystery solved

DocWMB
07-22-2017, 08:52 PM
I saw a diagram that showed the hole was a laundry
Mystery solved
Yep. The floorplans have marked that space as LAUNDRY. We found a collapsible bag that fits nicely in there, and use it just that way.