PDA

View Full Version : Frig temp on propane

Chippewa93
06-14-2017, 01:45 AM
What is an average temperature I can expect my refrigerator to be at while running on propane. The coldest mine gets us 60. Which doesn't seem low enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctbruce
06-14-2017, 01:55 AM
That is really high. A couple of questions. It's working on propane and the check light is not on? How long are you letting it sit before checking the temp? It can take a while to cool, like several hours. Is it empty or full of warm food that's cooling down too? You have your battery charged so the control board will operate? Battery disconnect is off allowing 12v to flow?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

bsmith0404
06-14-2017, 08:07 AM
All good questions. We always precool our refrigerator before adding groceries. We also freeze bread and hotdog/hamburgers buns and add them to it to help with the cooling process. I also light the stove to purge the gas lines before turning on the refrigerator and then make sure it lights. 60 is what most refrigerators will show when they are not cooled/cooling. We made the mistake a few years back of adding a bunch of warm soda and water to ours, took over a day for it to catch back up.