PDA

View Full Version : RV5090 Stereo

darlingtontrio
06-13-2017, 05:27 PM
I have a Cougar 33RBI and it has a Linear Series RV 5090 stereo. The outdoor speakers do not work. Everything else works just fine. Has anyone else had this issue? I have not taken the stereo out yet to check any wires. The only place I can think of is the back of the stereo since both speakers are not working, or should I look somewhere else?

Harleydodge
06-13-2017, 05:33 PM
Just a thought, but is there a switch on your 12v panel to turn them on and off? (there is on my 2013 Raptor) It's possible there is a loose connection at the switch as well.

darlingtontrio
06-13-2017, 05:45 PM
I guess I should have added that. There are 3 buttons, Spkr A, B, & C. C is supposed to be the outside speakers. When I turn on just those, I get nothing. A & B work just fine, these are the indor speakers.

MerlinB
06-13-2017, 05:55 PM
I have the same system and had the same problem. Initially my outside speakers worked then they quit. I pulled the control head out and found my inside speakers are connected to the Speaker A output and the outside speakers were connected to the Speaker C output. With a little troubleshooting I determined there was no signal coming out of the Speaker C connection but there was signal available from the Speaker B output which wasn't connected to anything. So I connected my outside speakers to the Speaker B output and now they work fine.

darlingtontrio
06-13-2017, 05:58 PM
Thanks I will try that and see what I get.

Stircrazy
06-19-2017, 08:36 PM
I had the same issue, new stereo under warranty and all work now.

Steve

jsmith948
06-20-2017, 03:04 AM
I have a Cougar 33RBI and it has a Linear Series RV 5090 stereo. The outdoor speakers do not work. Everything else works just fine. Has anyone else had this issue? I have not taken the stereo out yet to check any wires. The only place I can think of is the back of the stereo since both speakers are not working, or should I look somewhere else?

That's a GOOD thing and your campground neighbors will thank you!:hide: