PDA

View Full Version : Slide stuck needs new gearbox

timjwhite
06-12-2017, 12:23 PM
I have a 2016 Keystone Passport Ultra Lite 2920bh
The slide is made by Norco Accu-slide.
It was making a popping noise during opening and closing, but now the gearbox has gone bad. The motor works, but the gearbox sounds like a machine gun and will not open slide at all. Does anyone know how to manually open the slide when you can't reach that far back to manually use the drill extension? Has anyone ever replaced the gearbox? How difficult is that? Can the cables be adjusted fairly easily? I already have downloaded the Norco Accu-slide owner's manual. Thanks for any input.

chuckster57
06-12-2017, 12:39 PM
If the gearbox is bad, I don't think the slide will move. The gearbox can be replaced, and being a 2016 it might be a warranty item. I wouldn't touch it until you contacted your dealer. If it is covered, you don't want to jeopardize the claim by attempting a repair yourself.

timjwhite
06-12-2017, 02:21 PM
Thanks chuckster. It is out of warranty. We purchased in 2015.

geobet
06-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Are you sure it isn't just the spiral drive shaft? IF it is, it's a simple and inexpensive part to replace. The shaft connects the motor to the gear box. I had a previous TT and one broke and was slapping against something making the noise you described.