PDA

View Full Version : how do I remove fascia boards from top of slide?

timjwhite
06-11-2017, 08:13 AM
I have a 2016 Keystone Passport 2920bh. It only has one cable accu slide. I need to access the cables of the slide. Therefore I need to remove decorative fascia board at top. I have already removed the decorative fascia centerpiece and screws. However, how are the long fascia boards attached to the slide box...screws?..Nails? We cannot find screws anywhere. I would hate the pry off the long boards to find out they are held on with screws (and snap the board). Thanks everyone!

slow
06-11-2017, 08:28 AM
You have to carefully pry the boards off the backing board since the long trim is held in place with brad nails. After they are off, pull the brad nails out from the back side so the face does not get damaged.

When reinstalling, I used flat head screws under the long center inserts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbecky
06-11-2017, 03:22 PM
I have had a couple of the boards off at different times. Ours are solid hardwood and the brads will not pull out. Had to cut them off and file the ends flush with the back surface. They are nailed into a plywood backing, and at least on our rig, those are screwed to the sidewall framing. I've reattached the fascia boards with a brad mailer and just putty the holes.

SkiSmuggs
06-20-2017, 01:05 PM
Mine were just held on with staples. The one on the BR slide came off when DW grabbed it to get into bed. Our dealer offered to re-staple per Keystone warranty, but I suggested screws and they found some burnished brass ones that looked good. Then the LR slide fascia started coming loose from road vibration so I ordered similar screws from Amazon and took care of that.

Corncob
06-20-2017, 01:15 PM
I have a 2016 Keystone Passport 2920bh. It only has one cable accu slide. I need to access the cables of the slide. Therefore I need to remove decorative fascia board at top. I have already removed the decorative fascia centerpiece and screws. However, how are the long fascia boards attached to the slide box...screws?..Nails? We cannot find screws anywhere. I would hate the pry off the long boards to find out they are held on with screws (and snap the board). Thanks everyone!
Reattach with screws in the center section of the facia. Then use 3m Velcro to reattach the center decorative piece. Now you have future access AND hidden fasteners!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk