PDA

View Full Version : Atwood Refrigerator Problem

dgworek
06-11-2017, 04:16 AM
We have a 2015 Hideout, Atwood Refrigerator . When we opened up for the season, we noticed that the refrigerator would not turn on while on A/C. My husband turned it on via propane and then switched it A/C and worked no problem. Worked all weekend long no issues, came home shut it down went to turn it on again for this coming week and nothing. A/C wont work.
Checked all electrical components, fuses inside are fine. power running , checked outside lines with multimeter, power is active. Found a blown fuse outside , replaced it thought we solved the problem. Still not working?

No time to take it into the dealer since we leave Thursday .

Help,,,

Thanks

notanlines
06-11-2017, 05:46 AM
You probably already thought of this, but how about a quick run down to Camping World of Buffalo today and beg, borrow or steal a tech for about ten minutes and pick their brain? Explain the situation to them; surely you'll get something to go on.....good luck!

dgworek
06-11-2017, 09:10 AM
Would do but there are no techs on the weekends! Can you imagine that when most people have time off, there is no one around to help.

Javi
06-11-2017, 09:15 AM
So, by "Not Working" do you mean not working at all even on propane. Or still not starting on shore power and then working as before if started on propane?

dgworek
06-11-2017, 01:33 PM
Its not starting on A/C so my husband just switched it to propane and about 45 minutes later there is still not a lick of coolness in the fridge. He has changed out the fuses in the panel outside, checked all of them inside and everything seems to be ok. He is sitting her reading the manual over again to see if he missed anything.

JRTJH
06-11-2017, 01:44 PM
On initial startup it will take about an hour or more before you'll even feel any "coolness" on the freezer floor. It will take 4 or 5 hours to "know for sure" that it's cooling, and that will be in the freezer section. It will take several additional hours before you'll notice a significant drop in refrigerator section temperatures.

My guess is that you have the same "control board" problems that have plagued Attwood's H2 refrigerators since they came onto the market. I wouldn't recommend replacing the control board as a "troubleshooting measure" but after a technician confirms the problem, I'd suspect that's what he will tell you is wrong with your refrigerator.

Charby
06-16-2017, 03:50 PM
It must be level, as I had issue with trailer in steep driveway, and was out of level.
I don't park in driveway, and have had no issues since.

scott24
06-21-2017, 05:21 PM
Our electric element died on our fridge in our 2015 Passport. Easy fix.

hookem
06-22-2017, 03:56 AM
Our element went out in our Passport also. It was an easy fix. I went to a Grand Design forum and noticed that this was a common problem for the Atwood refrigerators.

hookem
06-22-2017, 03:59 AM
http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24906

Not sure I pasted this right, but here is another thread that I replied too with the part I ordered and the thread discussion on Grand Design.