PDA

View Full Version : Landing Gear Problems

dochall
06-07-2017, 07:26 PM
I have 2011 Laredo 218RL 5th wheel. I think the landing legs are bent as the fuse keeps blowing when raising the trailer. It is very hard to crank up as well. Does anyone know who makes the landing gear for these fivers. I would like to replace the legs.

ClanDad
06-07-2017, 07:31 PM
I'm having a similar issue! On our recent outing to Northern VA I encountered a problem with my level up landing gear. As we were breaking camp and I readied the lodge for travel, my landing gear was not responsive. I realized the small 7.5 amp fuse above the system control was blown. I replaced it with a 5amp and up the jacks went.
A week or so later, I took the lodge to a local park for a weekend and again as I went to raise the jacks, they were unresponsive! I immediately looked at the aforementioned fuse and sure enough it was blown.
Is this a grounding issue or a larger problem I need to be concerned with?

Desert185
06-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Open the front compartment and notice the two zerk fittings near the top of the landing gear legs. These need servicing with a good NLGI #2 grease occasionally. The gear will eventually bind for lack of grease. Could be your problem...

I do mine this way:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RgU_gjM26Sc