PDA

View Full Version : Possible grounding issue with leveling system!

ClanDad
06-07-2017, 07:26 PM
On our recent outing to Northern VA I encountered a problem with my level up landing gear. As we were breaking camp and I readied the lodge for travel, my landing gear was not responsive. I realized the small 7.5 amp fuse above the system control was blown. I replaced it with a 5amp and up the jacks went.
A week or so later, I took the lodge to a local park for a weekend and again as I went to raise the jacks, they were unresponsive! I immediately looked at the aforementioned fuse and sure enough it was blown.
Is this a grounding issue or a larger problem I need to be concerned with?

bobbecky
06-07-2017, 08:37 PM
It is impossible to give any advise or suggestions without knowing year, make and model rig you are having issues with.

Desert185
06-07-2017, 08:39 PM
See this thread where you posted the same issue.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29023

ClanDad
06-08-2017, 04:57 AM
We have a 2015 Raptor 425TS and on our recent outing to Northern VA I encountered a problem with my level up landing gear. As we were breaking camp and I readied the lodge for travel, my landing gear was not responsive. I realized the small 7.5 amp fuse above the system control was blown. I replaced it with a 5amp and up the jacks went.
A week or so later, I took the lodge to a local park for a weekend and again as I went to raise the jacks, they were unresponsive! I immediately looked at the aforementioned fuse and sure enough it was blown.
Is this a grounding issue or a larger problem I need to be concerned with?[/QUOTE]

PARAPTOR
06-08-2017, 05:44 AM
Have you checked to make sure that the 7.5 amp fuse is the correct size? If 7.5 amp is the correct size, the 5 amp fuse you have neen using is only 2/3 of the correct size. Any additional resistance to the normal movement on the leveler(s) maybe enough to blow an undersized fuse.