PDA

View Full Version : cancelled all reservations

gearhead
06-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Well I cancelled all this summers trip reservations. Hoffstetter? SP and Wilderness SP in Michigan, COE in Arkansas and Wisconsin.
When we got back home from Richmond Virginia I helped a friend move about 20 cases of books. Apparently blew out my back. MRI shows 4 herniated discs and 3 impinged nerve openings. My back itself is some better but the electrical shocks running down my leg and my numb foot requires pro assistance. I have neuro doc appointments June 20 and 27. See what 2 of them say.
So if I post stupid stuff it's the codeine #3 talking! LOL
And if anyone is serious I will talk about the 2 tickets to NASCAR truck races at Eldora.

ctbruce
06-07-2017, 10:11 AM
Sorry to hear this. So sad. Drink extra water with the codeine. It tends to cause concrete in the piping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

gearhead
06-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Sorry to hear this. So sad. Drink extra water with the codeine. It tends to cause concrete in the piping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
That ain't no ****. Tramadol was just the opposite though. Both ends. But I'm down from 4 a day to one at night. Walking around the neighborhood this week is better than wearing my rear end off on the couch. There ain't nothing on TV. I think I see the end of the internet though.

xrated
06-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Too much Codeine = no need for the dump station! :D

Sorry to hear about your back, hope you are feeling better soon.

theallde
06-07-2017, 12:09 PM
Get well soon !!!!!!

Lots of time now to view "all" of the posts on the forum after which you'll be more of an expert.

Bottom line - better to happen at home than on the road since "our backs" like to give us surprises.

Tbos
06-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Sorry about your back and your cancelled plans. I hope all goes well with your appointments and treatments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtofell
06-07-2017, 06:40 PM
These backs we were sent out of the "factory" with are definitely a poor design. I've had trouble with my back essentially my entire adult life. At best it's just not hurting too bad. I feel like I'm one case of bottled water away from the OP's same situation at any given moment.

CaptnJohn
06-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Broke my back in '68 leaving a chopper a bit soon so I know what you are going through. On the positive side, you may be able to forecast weather changes better than the guy on tv.
Seriously, hope you get some good news from the docs. Good to hear you are seeing 2, if they are not 100000% in agreement, see a 3rd.

SAABDOCTOR
06-08-2017, 05:02 AM
PRAYING FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THIS. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON:flowers:

gearhead
06-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Thanks to all for the prayers and well wishes.
I'm parked on the internet about all day. Probably should find a book. Wife can see my laptop over my shoulder. I'm getting comments like....why are you looking at used Jeeps? No you don't need a Honda 250 dual sport motorcycle. How many miles is Google saying it is from Liberty to Fairbanks. It would be cheaper if you get back on Amazon. By the way you need some new shoes....

Dave W
06-08-2017, 01:58 PM
OUCH!!
I've had an occasional back problem but nothing a visit to a chiropractor couldn't work over. My wife on the other hand ..... a bottle of Tramadol and a 'TENS' unit are her companions.

Love to see an Eldora truck race. There is nothing better then a dirt track for any car race instead of them pussyfooting around a glass smooth paved track. Back in the '60s the then named Grand National cars used to make a North run and stopped locally with all the big names of the time.

Get well. There are, according to what I hear from some folks, parts of the 'net that are not for the weak of constitution.

gearhead
06-09-2017, 05:33 AM
^^^yeah NASCAR on dirt is on my bucket list. I get 1st shot at the same tickets next year.
I made 2 laps walking around the neighborhood yesterday evening. I did the 1st lap and the smoking hot grandma around the corner was doing a lap and invited me to join her. Sure! lol

chuckster57
06-09-2017, 06:58 AM
Great to hear your up and around!!