PDA

View Full Version : Andersen No Sway WD Hitch

Desert185
06-07-2017, 03:08 AM
Seems too simple, but Andersen is like that. If I had a TT this might be worth a try. Anyone ever use this?

https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/andersen-nosway-weight-distribution-hitch.aspx

Jetfixer03
06-07-2017, 06:09 AM
I took my new TT out for the first trip of any length with the Andersen this w/e. I've never used a conventional WD hitch to compare it to, and my TT is only a 19 ft ultra light, certainly not an acid test.

I did a standard setup per Andersen's instructions. I haven't been to the CAT scale yet, but will soon to really quantify the WD performance. FWIW the stance of the truck seemed fine. As far as sway, I felt nothing. I passed lots of oncoming semis at 65mph on two lane hwys and felt zero. It was moderately windy across open plains, I felt some gusts the tiniest bit. No bounce, but I'm not sure I was on any bounce inducing road. There is some concrete road the other direction that caused bounce w/o the Andersen, so I'll be checking that out when I head to the CAT.

For my light duty application I'm happy. Reading reviews prior, I don't recall reading any bad accounts by people that actually have the hitch. Plenty are sceptical, but don't have actual experience with it. My take was that it may not cut it for large units, but for light and medium duty it's easy, quiet, and clean.

theeyres
06-07-2017, 06:47 PM
My trailer pulls like a dream with the Andersen. Not a problem in the world. The skeptics are people who read negative comments but have never used the hitch. It is very easy to hook and unhook--much easier than my old Equal-i-zer. I would never go back to the old style hitches.