PDA

View Full Version : Tongue Height

Travelbones
06-06-2017, 06:08 PM
2016 27dbs.

I am wanting to find the factory specs on the distance from the ground to the top inside of the ball crown on the trailer toung when the trailer is level. I need to set up a hitch before I hit the road tomorrow to go pick up a trailer. I can usually find the info from a manufacturer but this Keystone 2016 27dbs has limited spec info and I cant find the dimentions. Any info is well appreciated.

theeyres
06-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Can you not just make sure your trailer is level and measure it? Even if the ground is not perfectly level you can measure the frame height in the front and rear, get those measurements to the same, then measure the ball height.

Travelbones
06-06-2017, 07:25 PM
If I had the trailer here i could easily get a measurement and set the hitch up. The trailer is actually 4 hours away and I wanted to set the hitch up before I got there so I would be ready to get it and go.

chuckster57
06-06-2017, 08:04 PM
Set the ball at 23" and odds are your going to be within an inch.

Ken / Claudia
06-06-2017, 08:15 PM
If your buying from a dealer a bet they will do it as your paper work is getting done. You should spend at least a couple hours making sure everything works IE a PDI.

ctbruce
06-07-2017, 03:32 AM
If your buying from a dealer a bet they will do it as your paper work is getting done. You should spend at least a couple hours making sure everything works IE a PDI.
I agree with this. It's the least they could do.

Skipping a PDI is a recipe for disaster for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

bsmith0404
06-07-2017, 04:47 AM
Set the ball at 23" and odds are your going to be within an inch.

This is where I typically set mine for transporting. I towed many different trailers and it was close enough for all of them. I wasn't going to make adjustments for every one I hooked up to. To be correct for your trailer you need to have the trailer hooked up and the WDH adjusted so you can see how much squat you have with your truck. Then you can adjust the hitch for your trailer.

smpremier
06-07-2017, 01:19 PM
The measurement is 23 inches on my 26rbpr.