PDA

View Full Version : 25 gallon Portable waste container

Jsdigger
06-05-2017, 02:55 PM
I got a Tote-N-Store 2 wheel 25 gallon portable container.
I can keep it in the bed of the truck while traveling but would rather mount it to the travel trailer.It will be empty while traveling and plan to use it where i don't have sewer dump at the campsite,and will transfer at campsite and take it over to the sewer dump at campground.i will not be traveling with it full fluid. Looking for ideas on how to mount to the trailer thinking of mounting it to the rear bumper

Terry W.
06-05-2017, 03:02 PM
They make mount for a ladder if you have one. Or what I did was put a 2 inch receiver on bumper. Then I got one of those carrier to put blue tank on.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JRTJH
06-05-2017, 03:19 PM
If you want to get your spare tire off the bumper, the BAL spare tire rack mounts under your trailer. I have seen a couple of people who have mounted their blue tank on that rack, next to the spare tire. There's enough room, but you'd have to fabricate a mount for the tank to attach to the BAL framework.

I just toss mine under the tonneau cover, next to the generator and usually forget it's even back there. As you can see from that comment, even though we dry camp more than use hookups, we seldom have full tanks and need a "blue tank intervention"....

busterbrown
06-05-2017, 10:20 PM
I can tell you that the 2 wheel Tote-n-store portable waste tank (In both 25 and 32 gallon sizes) at 11.6" tall will not fit in the space on the BAL hide-a-spare rack next to the mounted spare tire. I attemped to secure it on the BAL rack but the top of the 3" outlet flange almost punctured the coroplast underbelly. You'd have to fabricate the BAL frame rail mounts so that the rack hangs about 2 inches lower to accommodate the 11.6" height of the tote. I really wanted it to work. But dropping the BAL rack any lower puts it at greater risk of ground contact.