PDA

View Full Version : Max Air on a non-walkable roof

shaner
06-05-2017, 05:04 AM
I have a Passport 2920BH. It is a non-walkable roof. So with that in mind, how do I install the max air vents? I thought about putting some boards across, but that seems even worse as the rook is rounded so the boards will put a ton of stress on the middle of the roof only.

I called the local dealer and they said when they install them they get right on the roof.

So what's the best way to go about it?

Brandon
06-05-2017, 05:09 AM
I have a Passport 2920BH. It is a non-walkable roof. So with that in mind, how do I install the max air vents? I thought about putting some boards across, but that seems even worse as the rook is rounded so the boards will put a ton of stress on the middle of the roof only.

I called the local dealer and they said when they install them they get right on the roof.

So what's the best way to go about it?
I have the 2810bh and installed maxxair ii vent covers last fall... I put a thick comforter down then a piece of osb long enough to cover at least 2 trusses. Seemed to work well with no apparent marks or damage left behind

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

SummitPond
06-05-2017, 05:30 AM

I took a tour of the Bullet facilities a few weeks ago and asked the same question about walking on the roof. The salesman/tour guide said the roofs were "servicable", meaning you could walk on them to do service (as long as you stepped on the trusses and not in between) but you couldn't use the roof as a party deck.

canesfan
06-05-2017, 05:40 AM
I have the 2810bh and installed maxxair ii vent covers last fall... I put a thick comforter down then a piece of osb long enough to cover at least 2 trusses. Seemed to work well with no apparent marks or damage left behind.

Many many years ago I had a TT and I did the same thing ^ to service the AC once. No issues. Tread lightly, no dancing, take your time and you "should" be fine.

Buckeyexx
06-05-2017, 06:23 AM
I just installed 2 maxxair vents on my 239ml and had no problems. I just laid across the roof so my body weight would be more spread out. Your roof shouldn't be much different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

busterbrown
06-05-2017, 09:02 PM
I recently installed a MaxxAir Vent Cover and MaxxAir Fan on my Bullet TT. My suggestion is to go buy yourself a sheet of 2" polystyrene foam board (8×4ft). Use a jig saw or very sharp knife to cut it into four 2×4 sections. Use these to place around your work space on the roof, making sure the foam over laps at least 2 trusses. The foam is gentle enough for contact with the roof membrane while at the same time providing rigid support for your body weight.