PDA

View Full Version : Hello from STL 217 Exp

LHouska
06-01-2017, 06:26 PM
Hello we are new to the TT world and relatively new to camping. Purchased the Passport 217 Exp last Sept and have 5 trips under our belt. We tow with a 2001 Chevy 1500 may look to upgrade to a newer truck soon, husband doesn't feel it is powerful enough? I don't have a clue so any input would be appreciated. We are interested in purchasing some of the pop up gizmos for our tent ends and possibly purchasing a memory foam Mattress to replace the beds. Has anyone done this? Husband put a slide trash can in the cabinet under the sink right side it is very helpful. I will post a picture in another post it is dark now. Looking forward to learning from seasoned campers and fellow hybrid owners. Maybe we can even help out once we learn a bit more 😊.

ctbruce
06-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Glad you're here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

NorskeBob
06-02-2017, 03:38 AM
Welcome from Upstate NY. Good place to get info.

This will give you an idea on towing capacities.
http://webcontent.goodsam.com/trailerlife.com/digital_editions/TrailerLifeTowGuide2017.pdf

We added a 3" memory foam pad to our bed and it made a big difference.

JimQ
06-04-2017, 04:59 PM
Welcome to the forum. You found a great place to get information, learn , and share. Congrats on the purchase of your Passport.

66joej
06-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.
Enjoy that new Passport. Lots of great info here.

PARAPTOR
06-04-2017, 05:17 PM
:wlcm: to The Forum From Western PA

Congrats on your new Passport !! Enjoy !!!

Always things to add (mod) to make it you Home :D

Be Safe and Happy Camping :camping:

cardinal96ss
06-05-2017, 06:18 AM
Welcome from eastern NE. Enjoy the site and that camper.

notanlines
06-05-2017, 01:45 PM
Welcome to the forum from the Memphis area.....presently in Wisconsin. Let us hear from you now and then about where you camp.

BricRoth
06-06-2017, 07:10 AM
Congrats on your New Passport. We purchased a 217exp a few months ago as well. Very happy with our decision but still working a few kinks out. Add ons to the stock trailer list:
2 Vent Covers and Electric fans installed
Electric Tongue Jack
Battery Disconnect
Motion activated LED lights in Pantry (4) and cabinets (Inc Bathroom)
PUGs
Tornado tank rinser
Installed another receptacle under TV. (No power on that side)

Congrats again and let us know of your likes, dislikes and fixes!

Bric

DAN d
06-06-2017, 07:11 AM
Welcome and enjoy

Tbos
06-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Sounds like you are enjoying your rig. Keep it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SchafferFamily
07-16-2017, 05:56 PM
Welcome! We have had the 217exp for 2 years now and really love it. We have a 2004 Silverado Crew Cab and it does hurt the gas miliage due to the blunt front end, but we have towed through the mountains of central PA without to much concern. Keeping it at a comfortable speed and not pushing the truck seems to help,... a 2500 HD would be nice, but I don't want another payment.

you can see our camping blog for a lot of good ideas on the camper and some of the modifications we have done to it here:

http://schaffergang.blogspot.com/