PDA

View Full Version : Shade Saga

NorskeBob
05-31-2017, 10:46 AM
The rear MCD shade was on the floor behind the sofa when we purchased our Avalanche 320RS (4/9). It was not re-installed when we took delivery (4/28) because it was damaged during the "fall" and the replacement shade had not arrived.

The new shade came in yesterday (5/30) and the RV dealer sent a Tech to our house to install it today (5/31). The replacement shade is one shade color darker. The Tech installed the replacement shade and the dealer has ordered a new shade with the correct color. The tech said that the shade was installed at the factory only used 3 mounting brackets. I told him that I had reviewed the MCD installation instructions and a shade of that length (74 inches) requires at least 4 brackets. The tech used 4 brackets when he installed the shade. He noted that he will be ordering more brackets for future re-work due to improper installation at the factory.

It will take up to 14 days to get a new shade of the correct color. Per MCD: if the shade is not in stock it can take up to 10 days to get a new one on/off the production line and another 4 days for shipping.

I called the dealer and sent him pictures of the "tags" on the shades. If the color code "SB" number is not included the wrong shade will come again. A "Manual-1_SB60" was received and they should have gotten a "Manual-1_SB50".

Shaded color options are on bottom of the page on the MCD web site:
http://www.mcdinnovations.com/index.php/american-duo