PDA

View Full Version : Slideout cable rubber things

jkohler70
05-30-2017, 05:16 AM
I know this has been discussed, and despite my multiple attempts with different search criteria, cannot locate previous posts...maybe because I don't actually know what they are called.

The small rubber pads where my slideout cables enter are starting to pull away. I know this is a common problem....what have others used to successfully reattach them?

Drydays
05-30-2017, 05:47 AM
Those small rubber covers are to help keep dirt and "stuff" out. I clean the area with DEnatured Alcohol and scrub as well as poss. then ,,, use a Black"sparingly auto trim rubber sealant to reattach them .

Do 1 at a time and hold it in place until it is solid "1-2 minutes" works for me.

Oh and if you lose any of them find any good rubber 1/2" rubber from the auto parts store.

stay safe one the road.

slow
05-30-2017, 10:38 AM
I know this has been discussed, and despite my multiple attempts with different search criteria, cannot locate previous posts...maybe because I don't actually know what they are called.

The small rubber pads where my slideout cables enter are starting to pull away. I know this is a common problem....what have others used to successfully reattach them?

Not sure which thread you are looking for, but this one has some insights: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26266

Drydays, thanks for the auto trim rubber sealant recommendation. Mine are now staying on with the stop mod that I posted, but if they do not, I will need to try the rubber sealant.