PDA

View Full Version : San Simeon California State Park

Missslucrew
05-29-2017, 01:03 PM
We just upgraded to a 29-foot Freedom Lite from a 24-foot Skyline Weekender. Camp spots were never an issue but now I'm confused!

Will they allow me to park my 33.9 foot overall trailer in a 31-foot driveway camp spot? I know the back might hang over the asphalt a little bit, but it would fit.

I can't seem to get a straight answer from Reserve America.....they don't have any 35-foot spots available for my dates.

Thanks everyone!

JRTJH
05-29-2017, 04:41 PM
When we were at Yellowstone NP 2 years ago there were more than "just a few" trailers that were being turned away from campground registration because of trailer length. People were reserving "any available campsite" and arriving with a rig that was longer than the site could accommodate. The registration desk at Yellowstone was telling them that they wouldn't fit and refusing to allow them to register or park on the site even though they had reservations for the site.

So, without knowing that you'll fit "within the site boundaries" you may find that the campground workers will look the other way, then again, you may find that you're turned away and may not get a refund. It's good that you're asking the question, but I'd suspect that you'll get better information by actually calling the campground and discussing the situation with the campground supervisor.

I don't think you'll get much traction at the campground by saying, "But someone on Keystone RV Forum said...." :ermm:

Missslucrew
05-29-2017, 06:16 PM
I emailed the state Parks so I should see a response within a couple weeks ;).

I was just hoping someone had knowledge of the policies. Thank you for your information though! I appreciate it!

Canonman
05-29-2017, 07:27 PM
We've had good results calling the campground host or manager directly. Gave them our numbers and asked if they had any spaces that could work for us. They know first hand what can fit where. One host even allowed us to park our truck in a day use parking area so the trailer would fit. These are nice folks who appreciate a guest verifying before they arrive to a dissapointment.

jsmith948
05-30-2017, 05:50 AM
I have seen 35 & 40' motorhomes and trailers at San Simeon. The lower CG might be tight, but the upper CG will be ok. We stayed in spots in the center rows with no problem. Nothing was said about the rear of the trailer overhanging the pad. Just make sure your tires stay on the pad.