PDA

View Full Version : Maxx fan

Jdg1172
05-29-2017, 10:26 AM
I have a 2017 336 bhs and would like put a maxx fan in the front bedroom. Where can I get 12 volt power to run. I pulled the box where the wires are for the second ac. Only 120 there. Maybe the antenna booster?

Thanks Joel

chuckster57
05-29-2017, 10:38 AM
Look closer, there should be a 12V source for the control box. It may be in the thermostat bundle. Any constant 12VDC source will do, there may be wiring to ceiling lights also.

NorskeBob
05-29-2017, 10:52 AM
I have a 2017 336 bhs and would like put a maxx fan in the front bedroom. Where can I get 12 volt power to run. I pulled the box where the wires are for the second ac. Only 120 there. Maybe the antenna booster?

Thanks Joel

Did that on our last RV - I think they pulled the power from the ceiling light. I installed a Fantastic fan - thermostat, reversible and variable speed, Run in reverse to pull air through the trailer. Installed vent covers so it can be ran in any weather.

On our present unit I had them replace the fan in the bathroom with a Fantastic fan. Will use it for the same purpose.

Jdg1172
05-29-2017, 11:04 AM
Pulling from the lights won't work for me. All the lights run off one switch so the lights would be on for fan to be on. I'll have to take a closer look to see if there are any more Loose wires for control box. Worse case I'll pull from the amp I guess.

Another question is what is everybody's favorite brand of fan. Maxx air seems be less $ then fantastic fan. The maxx air that is in the living area seems nice. I've only had fantastic fans in the past.

busterbrown
05-29-2017, 11:33 AM
Another question is what is everybody's favorite brand of fan. Maxx air seems be less $ then fantastic fan. The maxx air that is in the living area seems nice. I've only had fantastic fans in the past.

Maxxair Fan 7XXX for the win! Installed one myself on my Bullet in an existing vent opening and used it for the first time this past week on our season opening trip. Best equipment upgrade to my trailer that I've done so far. Extremely quiet fan that moves a tremendous amount of air. Digital controls on the wireless remote is luxury to us.

I think some Fantastic models are just as good. The only thing I would be cautious of (from what I read) is the 'rain sensing' models that tend to be a nuisance and can be counter-productive.

chuckster57
05-29-2017, 12:48 PM
Max Air by far. I have two, 10 speed, in/out, remote for family room. No need for vent cover as lid is scoop design.

Jdg1172
06-01-2017, 05:25 PM
Maxx air fan it is I guess. Thanks guys.