PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question about dump valve(s)

David T. MacNeill
05-28-2017, 02:14 PM
On my "new to us" 2001 Montana Big Sky 3280RL I can only find one valve handle to drain my tank(s), the one right between the driver's side trailer wheels. Previous owner told me that was the valve to drain the "kitchen sink". So Is there another valve to dump the black water somewhere? On our last trailer, the black water valve was right next to the sewer pipe.

Canonman
05-28-2017, 02:29 PM
Don't know about your specific Montana, but if you look inside the basement hatch on the driver's side you should find the two dump valves you're looking for. Open the grey valve and you'll drain the bathroom grey tank, then the galley valve you already discovered and you'll drain the galley grey tank. Keystone has used this configuration (it's the same on our Cougar) on almost all their 5th wheels for years. Hope it helps.

David T. MacNeill
05-28-2017, 04:24 PM
Yep, right where you said they'd be. They were covered by a big bag of coiled sewer hose. (Insert sound of slapping forehead here.)

msubobcats
05-28-2017, 05:21 PM
The only dumb question would be, do you hook up the sewer hose before pulling the handle.:)

David T. MacNeill
05-28-2017, 05:27 PM
Good thing I checked that sewer hose before I did anything else. It was split in two places!

Whitewolf
05-28-2017, 05:37 PM
Can you imagine what would have happened if you had hooked up the bad hose and pulled the handle?! :eek::eek::eek:

David T. MacNeill
05-28-2017, 05:57 PM
Fountains of Brown.

Whitewolf
05-28-2017, 06:17 PM
:lol::eek::lol::eek:

Desert185
05-28-2017, 06:58 PM
Fountains of Brown.

AKA a poonami.

sourdough
05-28-2017, 08:05 PM
"Aaannnddd, here we go, down that road again"....

I had some comments but I doubt they could do much to better illustrate our thoughts on this :lol: Having had my "poop chute" split last Jan. I can fully visualize what can/may happen :eek:. And, boys will be boys.....carry on :whistling:

BuxCamper
05-29-2017, 06:41 AM
The only dumb question would be, do you hook up the sewer hose before pulling the handle.:)
Yes hook up sewer hoses before opening the dump valves. Once you open the dump valves everything behind them is heading out FAST!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

twindman
05-30-2017, 06:02 PM
A highly recommended addition - get the external valve that attaches to the end of the sewer outlet. I have a 'see thru' piece that is a bout 6 inches long with an external valve attached to that. That way I can see if there is any leakage in the normal valves. By the way, the normal valves seem to eventually stop working within 6 mo. to 2 or 3 years. And I don't like to get somewhere and not be able to close the black tank valve. This way there is a back up plan.