PDA

View Full Version : Overloaded? Nah!

the sodfather
05-27-2017, 09:37 AM
[/ATTACH]This is the park host RV and TV. It's a gas F250. I'm thinking this is a bad situation waiting to happen...

the sodfather
05-27-2017, 09:38 AM
And the big pic...

Javi
05-27-2017, 10:13 AM
Tyler?

Javi

cpaulsen
05-27-2017, 03:12 PM
Do not understand why it would be overweight.

David T. MacNeill
05-27-2017, 04:22 PM
Damn. Change the colors and that's essentially my rig. (Insert sound of forehead being slapped)

Steve S
05-27-2017, 04:35 PM
Did you by chance ask the owner about the specs on his setup or are you just assuming? :whistling::whistling:

the sodfather
05-27-2017, 05:32 PM
Did you by chance ask the owner about the specs on his setup or are you just assuming? :whistling::whistling:

Other than him telling me that "the ol' truck really struggles, but we just drive slow."

I have the exact truck at work and it can't pull a fart out of a paper sack. I'm sure he's good though...:whistling::whistling:

Missslucrew
06-18-2017, 05:49 AM
Went camping with some friends no to long ago. We all (4 rigs) got there about 3pm.....the last one, a new F150, yes F150.....got there around 6! They have a large 5th wheel, the guy says, "wife wanted a big trailer, so I just drive slow!" Shame on the salesman letting them take it if the lot and I have pity for that poor F150 tranny!

Desert185
06-18-2017, 07:40 AM
And the big pic...

You need a drone for better photo coverage of the "offenders".

Frank G
06-18-2017, 11:26 AM
I listen to all the overload chatter, and that is fine. My father in law who just turned 90 tell of coming to Ohio from the panhandle of Oklahoma in the late 30's, (bankrupt from the dust bowl's) taking his turn at driving (at 12) an old Model "A" pulling an old 4 wheel farm wagon with the family possessions. Now that's an overload. I think they forgot to look at the "B" pillar sticker.

ctbruce
06-18-2017, 05:18 PM
I listen to all the overload chatter, and that is fine. My father in law who just turned 90 tell of coming to Ohio from the panhandle of Oklahoma in the late 30's, (bankrupt from the dust bowl's) taking his turn at driving (at 12) an old Model "A" pulling an old 4 wheel farm wagon with the family possessions. Now that's an overload. I think they forgot to look at the "B" pillar sticker.

Just wondering, but wouldn't that have had an "A" pillar sticker? :whistling:
In all fairness, I couldn't imagine how hard of a trip that was.

Frank G
06-19-2017, 02:00 AM
Just wondering, but wouldn't that have had an "A" pillar sticker? :whistling:
In all fairness, I couldn't imagine how hard of a trip that was.

I am almost sure Henry never placed any sticker on the "Model A" regarding weight or towing limits. I was making light of the fact that there was a time before the sticker and the DOT where people were allowed to use there own common sense (some not so well) and not dependent on total government control.

The above statement opens a can of worms, Yes regulations are good, our highways are much safer today because of them, and without enforcement the wild west would prevail. All is good.

Javi
06-19-2017, 03:59 AM
Just a note: A Model A pulling a 4 wheel farm wagon would most likely have not been overloaded... at least not in carrying capacity... a 4 wheel farm wagon would have very little tongue weight.... Brakes and HP now that would be another matter.. but then 10 miles an hour was fast in those days... My Dad's family left Oklahoma in a wagon to move back to S. Texas when he was in his early teens.. because they couldn't afford a Model A or fuel for one..

Tbos
06-20-2017, 08:45 AM
If you haven't seen the movie "The Long Long Trailer" in a while you should take the time to watch it again. Manual trailer brakes, tow dolly under the tongue to reduce weight, etc... we have come a long way.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

sourdough
06-20-2017, 09:11 AM
Just a note: A Model A pulling a 4 wheel farm wagon would most likely have not been overloaded... at least not in carrying capacity... a 4 wheel farm wagon would have very little tongue weight.... Brakes and HP now that would be another matter.. but then 10 miles an hour was fast in those days... My Dad's family left Oklahoma in a wagon to move back to S. Texas when he was in his early teens.. because they couldn't afford a Model A or fuel for one..

^^^ My thoughts exactly. I've pulled 4 wheel farm wagons with tractors and pickups. None of them had any weight to speak of on the tongue. Now pulling the load and stopping it with a Model A would be another matter.

rhagfo
06-20-2017, 11:05 AM
[/ATTACH]This is the park host RV and TV. It's a gas F250. I'm thinking this is a bad situation waiting to happen...

Well don't know how you think he is overloaded? :D

The smallest Montana has a DRY weight of 11,980#, with a 4,020# payload! Even have loaded one is pushing 14,000#, just a bit heavy for a gas 3/4 ton. :banghead:
Time for a bigger TV!