PDA

View Full Version : New to forum, 2012 Outback 260FL

chuckalanpayne
05-25-2017, 08:53 AM
Long time camper, got a problem with electric water heater. Unable to reset. Only works in LP gas. How do I access rear of water unit to check wiring.

Steve S
05-25-2017, 09:35 AM
Long time camper, got a problem with electric water heater. Unable to reset. Only works in LP gas. How do I access rear of water unit to check wiring.

Welcome and check your access door on the side of your trailer. You'll find everything that you want to know about your water heater there including the reset button.:)

JimQ
05-25-2017, 02:24 PM
Welcome to the forum! Hope you find the problem with the water heater. Did you check the breaker and power on switch?

chuckalanpayne
05-25-2017, 06:00 PM
thanks Guys, I found the Water heater box under the TV and stereo box. It has the relay and circuit board wires. The problem I think lies in the thermostats. Its not sending voltage to heating elements. I plan to order them and install myself. Do you recommend a supplier that is cheap and fast.

PARAPTOR
05-26-2017, 05:47 AM
wlcm: to The Forum From Western PA

Congrats on your new Outback!! Enjoy !!!

As stated make sure you have all the switches on such as 110 VAC breaker , any other switches in rig and/or switch on the actual HWT

Be Safe and Happy Camping :camping: