PDA

View Full Version : kaBOOM

gearhead
05-24-2017, 11:12 AM
I've been down in my back. Electric pain going from hip down my leg. Foot is numb. Doc gave me pain pills, MRI tomorrow. So I've been wallowing around on the couch, snoozing, staying on the Internet. So I'm kinda out of it. Last night Betty brought me a pain pill in bed at 11:30. Knocked me out.
Until.....KABOOM. Woke me up and I was still hearing it. Dang a 5" x 38" went off or North Korea lobbed one all the way to Houston at 3am. Grabbed the 38 and my flashlight. Peeped around the bedroom door into the den. Hot dang there is glass all over the den. The back door is busted inward. Betty call 911. Tell the cops to come to the back door, im not going to the front door for them. Dispatcher says they will be here in 30 seconds. I peep into the den again. Something moved in the dining room. Excretment excretment. What did I see for half a second? Could it be a deer? Maybe. Dispatcher..which house is you? Argh. What cars in the drive? NONE. OK they see it. Yeah I see their flashlights. I'm still standing in the bedroom doorway. I go put some clothes on. Cops get to back door. I tell them it might be a deer. I could tell that wasn't what they wanted to hear. They very slowly worked through the house looking. Nothing. We turned on the lights. Blood on the kitchen floor. Deer tracks on the back porch. Cop said he would rather confront a crackhead than a wild animal cornered and paniced in a house.
Apparently I got back out at some point or when I was putting my clothes on.
That was at 3am. I just finished sweeping and putting plywood over the door. Betty, bring me a pill !!

ctbruce
05-24-2017, 11:32 AM
Sirry for your troubles but glad that's all it was. Get better!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

sourdough
05-24-2017, 12:05 PM
Wow! Wrong time of year for a deer ramped up for the rut.....hmmm, maybe a crackhead whitetail??:eek: Hope he didn't take any cash or electronics to pawn......:whistling: Anyway,

Sorry to hear of your problem. Reckon it might be sciatica? My son has had a terrible time of it the past many weeks/months thinking it was sciatica (symptoms that sound a lot like yours). It's taken so long because the VA is tough to get into in the Dallas area and they cancel his appts all the time. But, what they found on his last completed appt. was that it wasn't sciatica; his muscle had detached from his bone some way or another. Hasn't been able to get back in to find a remedy. Just wanted to throw that out there since you're going in. Hope they get you fixed up in short order.

CrazyCain
05-24-2017, 12:20 PM
I've been down in my back. Electric pain going from hip down my leg. Foot is numb. Doc gave me pain pills, MRI tomorrow. So I've been wallowing around on the couch, snoozing, staying on the Internet. So I'm kinda out of it. Last night Betty brought me a pain pill in bed at 11:30. Knocked me out.
Until.....KABOOM. Woke me up and I was still hearing it. Dang a 5" x 38" went off or North Korea lobbed one all the way to Houston at 3am. Grabbed the 38 and my flashlight. Peeped around the bedroom door into the den. Hot dang there is glass all over the den. The back door is busted inward. Betty call 911. Tell the cops to come to the back door, im not going to the front door for them. Dispatcher says they will be here in 30 seconds. I peep into the den again. Something moved in the dining room. Excretment excretment. What did I see for half a second? Could it be a deer? Maybe. Dispatcher..which house is you? Argh. What cars in the drive? NONE. OK they see it. Yeah I see their flashlights. I'm still standing in the bedroom doorway. I go put some clothes on. Cops get to back door. I tell them it might be a deer. I could tell that wasn't what they wanted to hear. They very slowly worked through the house looking. Nothing. We turned on the lights. Blood on the kitchen floor. Deer tracks on the back porch. Cop said he would rather confront a crackhead than a wild animal cornered and paniced in a house.
Apparently I got back out at some point or when I was putting my clothes on.
That was at 3am. I just finished sweeping and putting plywood over the door. Betty, bring me a pill !!

Sounds exactly like Siatica , had the same thing happen to me. The "Electric" pain is gosh awful Feel for you bud. Glad you all were safe.:ermm:

gearhead
05-24-2017, 01:33 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. I've got a pretty good neurologist, if needed.
All the jumping around this morning sure took my mind off it.
MRI tomorrow.

66joej
05-24-2017, 01:46 PM
gearhead I do feel for you. If in fact it turns out to be the sciatic nerve. Had the problem a year or so ago. Not fun. Get to your doctor and get on those meds.
Doc said mine was over exertion. When I was in my 30s I could flip a grader tire. In my 70s I thought I could lift both ends of a sofa bed. Result sciatic nerve damage.:banghead:

Tbos
05-24-2017, 03:25 PM
Hope you feel better soon and the repairs to your door go quickly and easily too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Desert185
05-24-2017, 05:36 PM
Used to have sciatica before I found a good chiropractor.

Glad the kaboom was a non-threatening event.

notanlines
05-25-2017, 04:54 AM
I used to think that the most painful thing in the world had to be having a baby......after all, we have all heard the women in our lives talk about it. Once I suffered from my one and only sciatica attack I changed my mind. Surely it can't be worse than sciatica! Odd as it may sound, I found some relief with large doses of Aspercreme applied to the affected area. It all finally went away after about 4 to 5 weeks and life goes on.

Barbell
05-25-2017, 06:26 AM
Since we have been traveling in the RV last several years, I get sciatica when I drive too long or too many days in a row. Last year got an inversion table that I take along and while it won't cure it, it sure helped me. People with some conditions should not use it but if you can, it may help. I like to stay off the meds as much as possible.

Desert185
05-26-2017, 08:34 AM
The other thing that helped my lower back and siatica was Good Feet shoe inserts. Miracle relief felt within a few minutes walking around the store.

http://www.goodfeet.com/

gearhead
05-27-2017, 07:08 AM
Update....decided to just replace the back door. Local handy man said he would hang it for $225.
Had the MRI Thursday afternoon. Got the results Friday afternoon. Four herniated discs and 3 impinged nerve openings. Jeez.
About a 99% chance we will cancel the July trip to Michigan.

Desert185
05-27-2017, 07:21 PM
Update....decided to just replace the back door. Local handy man said he would hang it for $225.
Had the MRI Thursday afternoon. Got the results Friday afternoon. Four herniated discs and 3 impinged nerve openings. Jeez.

Ouch! Sorry about that.

sourdough
05-27-2017, 08:28 PM

Geez! I'm so sorry to hear that. You probably do need to cancel and try to take care of your back. I know cancelling the trip is a pain but I can assure you from past experience that ignoring, or putting off, bone related "stuff" will catch up to you. Wishing you the very best in getting well and getting back on the road.

66joej
05-28-2017, 06:27 AM
^ Agree. Look after that back. I wish I was flipping bicycle tires instead of grader tires back then. Back is telling me now.:nonono: