PDA

View Full Version : Filling water tank

kark0202
05-22-2017, 02:11 PM
Its my first time filling the water tank on my 2016 raptor 422sp. How do i know when it is full?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRTJH
05-22-2017, 02:30 PM
There are several indicators. First, you can pretty much "time the fill" plan on about 3 gallons per minute, so a 60 gallon tank will take about 20 minutes. You can keep pressing the "status indicator" and watch the LED's go from 0/3 to 1/3, 2/3 and 3/3. You can listen to the water flowing into the tank and as the tank fills, the "gurgling" starts getting higher pitched. Finally, what most of us do, is locate the tank vent and when it starts "spitting and bubbling" you can pretty much consider the tank "full".....

mj5150
05-22-2017, 05:40 PM
We filled the fresh water tank on our Raptor for the first time last weekend.
We watched ours until it started spilling out the overflow valve by the hot water tank, then shut the water off.
I don't remember how long it took, but it seemed like it took forever.

-Mike

Southwestern Sportfishing
05-23-2017, 09:09 AM
Do not fill the tank with the hose bib open more than half way, I did that on a previous toyhauler and the floor started to bulge up. Turns out the the air/ water cannot vent out fast enough through the 1/2" vent hose and caused the tank to expand. Lucky for me the floor went back to normal.

rhagfo
05-23-2017, 09:38 AM
We filled the fresh water tank on our Raptor for the first time last weekend.
We watched ours until it started spilling out the overflow valve by the hot water tank, then shut the water off.
I don't remember how long it took, but it seemed like it took forever.

-Mike

Yep, when water comes back out the fill tube,Its FULL!