PDA

View Full Version : Dometic blinds on windows

pusher24
05-21-2017, 06:36 AM
[SIZE="5"]
[/SIZE
So here's my issue.....one of my window blinds came loose from the top right corner. After removing the blind and the valance, I re-screwed the valance on, then re-screwed the blind to the top of the valance, like it was from the factory. But....now the blind is crooked when you pull it up or down.

It's a pleated blind, and I looked at several ways to correct it, but they do not work. Any ideas? I just want the blind to be horizontal and level, not crooked.

Thanks!!:banghead:

Steve S
05-21-2017, 09:41 AM
Did you pull it all the way down before you tighten the screws and the cheap plastic thing that holds the string tight?
If you adjust it/fix it while it's open it'll never be straight. Yeah it's a PIA doing this by yourself so get an extra set of hands.
I've only had one let loose on me so far but it get's opened and closed the most out of all the blinds.

pusher24
05-22-2017, 02:43 PM
I tried, Steve, but nada. These aren't the day/night shades, they're only the shades you pull down for privacy. The strings on these won't budge. But thanks for the idea!

chuckster57
05-22-2017, 03:15 PM
The strings are attached to springs on the top of the shade. They run across and then down opposite ends. You may have one side bound up. Try taking the screw out of the center of the plastic piece that holds the string. Once both sides are loose the blinds should be fully closed with no tension and level. If not then you may have to take the shades off, and post back for further instructions. When you put the screw back in to hold the shade to the valence, it's possible you caught the string.

I have seen shades fall on one side, put them back and then they are crooked. I have had luck just pushing them fully open and then back down.

pusher24
05-28-2017, 03:42 PM
Well guys - I took the blind down, popped off one of the ends on the top bar and one of the ends on the bottom, I had the blind totally closed up and tied, so it wouldn't come loose. I gave the strings a nice sharp tug, and BOOM! I don't know if I popped something loose inside, broke it, or what, but after I put it back together again and hung it, it's perfectly straight!

Thank you for the ideas, though. I tried every one!