PDA

View Full Version : Silverware in Cougar 28SGS 2017

AlBeatty
05-20-2017, 06:12 AM
Hi Group,
We just got a Cougar 28SGS and while setting up for our first trip today we discovered there is no silverware drawer in the kitchen. There are 3 drawers that could be used on the opposite of the sink but we really don't want to get down on one knee to get silverware, etc. What solution have some of you come up with for this coach? Thanks in advance for any ideas. Take care & ...
Tight Lines - AB

chuckster57
05-20-2017, 06:54 AM
We bought a plastic silverware tray. Fits fine in the top drawer by sink.

MerlinB
05-20-2017, 06:55 AM
Hi AB, I have a 2016 28SGS and here is what I did. For those three drawers on the back side of the sink cabinet, I found an expandable divider for the top one and that is where I keep my kitchen utensils (1st photo). I used the middle one to store extra plastic bags, scrubbing pads and other stuff for the kitchen (2nd photo). The bottom one is my "junk" drawer; screwdriver, pliers, power strips, short extension cord, cleaning solvent, etc. Everyone has a "junk" drawer, don't they? For the silverware, I had another drawer divider that just fit in the underseat storage compartment of one of the dining chairs (3rd photo). This turned out to be really convenient because the silverware is right there at the table when I get ready to use it. Just one word of caution. If you do this be sure to tie down that chair before you travel. I failed to do that one time and upon arrival when I opened the door I found the chair tipped over and my silverware scattered all over the floor.

AlBeatty
05-21-2017, 12:18 PM
Hi Guys,
Thank you so much for the tip(s). I just returned from WalMart where I got all the "stuff" to set it up the way you (MerlinB) explained. Take care & ...
Tight lines - Al Beatty

MerlinB
05-21-2017, 03:31 PM
Glad to help.

Pmedic4
05-25-2017, 07:51 PM
Our 291RLS doesn't have a silverware drawer either. There are 2 huge drawers, good for pots/pans, and larger bowls and dishes, but really nowhere for putting our silverware.

We're consider adding a new drawer at the end of the small counter, but that prevents using the add-on counter, but we didn't use it anyway, so not much of a loss. I'm a woodworker, but really don't want to make it look like a hack job. Other choice is to make a small shallow box that slides on the top of the bigger drawer.

Looking for alternatives. :facepalm: