PDA

View Full Version : power stabilizer jack maintenance

hampdevo
05-16-2017, 12:50 PM
I had a problem with my front power stabilizer jacks. It was down but would not come up. Motor seemed to be running OK. While someone else kept pressing Retract switch, I applied upward pressure on one of the feet. Eventually the jacks retracted. Is there maintenance I can/should do to eliminate this problem and prevent in the future? Also I have noticed squeaking while the jacks are down.

ctbruce
05-16-2017, 01:41 PM
A picture of your jacks will help us help you. That way we'll be able to see what you see.

Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

sourdough
05-16-2017, 02:01 PM
For the squeaking I would be pinpointing the location of the squeak and probably applying a little lube.

If the jacks appear to not be coming up check to see if one side is retracting and the other not. I thought I had an issue on my back jacks (after the dealer replaced them mistakenly) and found that now one side retracts until it hits the top and then the other side completely retracts. Same when lowering them; one side comes down quicker than the other and then the 2nd side just swings on down. Works fine so haven't worried about it.

hampdevo
05-16-2017, 02:42 PM
I have previously used slide-out dry lube for the slide-out rails. Would this be suitable for lubricating the gears on the power stabilizers? Also, I have noted that sometimes before one side raises (or lowers) before the other but eventually both came up (or down). This particular time, the legs would not go up at all without some manual upward pressure.

GlasNav
02-22-2024, 01:59 PM
The original thread is 7 years old and just as important today.
I de-winterized the trailer today for some winter, early spring camping and upon testing and cycling all of the equipment realized that the stabilizers were binding. First hit the threaded shaft with PB-Blaster, then after cycling them a couple of times, crawled under and applied some lithium grease. The stabilizers are no longer binding and or squeaking...