PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for replacement outside wall mount marine speakers on 2810Bh trailer.

hexmex357
05-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Need Ideas for outside speakers on my trailer. The 3 inch speakers just doesn't cut it! I don't want to cut any holes on the wall of the trailer. I cannot find any name brand speakers that are similar to the ones on the trailer. Any help would greatly appreciated! Thanks

chuckster57
05-14-2017, 06:00 PM
Funny I just started a thread about adaptor rings to change the speakers on my trailer:
http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28671

busterbrown
05-14-2017, 06:06 PM
Do a search for "outside speakers" or "marine speakers". I recall a few recent threads on replacement speakers due to the OEMs sounding like mud. I think they are 5.25" and can be changed our relatively easy after removing the speaker grill.

Personally, I would invest in a portable blue tooth speaker instead. You'll get more enjoyment from that then you'll ever get from the stock amplifier in the coach. JBL makes some nice compact units (south of $100) that can really thump for hours on a single charge. Just a thought. Good luck.

hexmex357
05-14-2017, 06:10 PM
The outside speakers look like this. I took them off to see if I could maybe drill a hole in the wall but I do not want to do that because the trailer wall is so thin. So I have been looking for some better sounding marine speakers that have the same design. No luck so far.

sourdough
05-14-2017, 06:18 PM
Have you tried Crutchfield? West Marine? Overton's?

On the other hand, where do you stay that you crank up the music to the point that you can actually discern a good speaker from bad outside......? I've never turned mine on except on the PDI.

hexmex357
05-14-2017, 06:20 PM
Do a search for "outside speakers" or "marine speakers". I recall a few recent threads on replacement speakers due to the OEMs sounding like mud. I think they are 5.25" and can be changed our relatively easy after removing the speaker grill.

Personally, I would invest in a portable blue tooth speaker instead. You'll get more enjoyment from that then you'll ever get from the stock amplifier in the coach. JBL makes some nice compact units (south of $100) that can really thump for hours on a single charge. Just a thought. Good luck.
There is only a small hole on the side of the trailer for the wires. Then the speakers just screw on to the wall. I would like to find something similar to them because it just one thing less to carry or charge when we go out camping. I always forget something when we go on our road trips! So I rather have it screwed on the trailer so I won't forget!

hexmex357
05-14-2017, 06:23 PM
Have you tried Crutchfield? West Marine? Overton's?

On the other hand, where do you stay that you crank up the music to the point that you can actually discern a good speaker from bad outside......? I've never turned mine on except on the PDI.
I Play the music low but I definitely can tell the difference from my old trailer speakers to new cheaply made ones. I like to jam to some classic rock!

hexmex357
05-14-2017, 06:49 PM
Think I just found some wall mount adapters for some speakers! Retrosound rpod6 Surface mount modules from Crutch field.