PDA

View Full Version : Flag pole

Carbon18
05-14-2017, 10:48 AM
Going to fly 2 3x5 flags this summer . Looking at ladder mount flag pole buddy. Can't decide between 16 ft aluminum or 22 ft fiberglass. Leaning towards aluminum because it's a little more sturdy in the wind.

nellie1289
05-14-2017, 12:00 PM
Got examples of what you are looking at? Ps welcome to forum !

Desert185
05-14-2017, 01:59 PM
I went with aluminum, but I only fly one flag 🇺🇸. Nicely built product.

bobbecky
05-14-2017, 09:11 PM
We have the 22 foot fiberglass pole, and have no problem with one or two flags. I try not to have it up when extremely high winds are expected, but it has held up fine in windy conditions.

unyalli
05-15-2017, 04:25 AM
How about this?

- Jeff

bsmith0404
05-15-2017, 04:42 AM
Have the 16' aluminum and fly 2 flags without any problems. The only advantage I could see with the 22' pole is you wouldn't have to mount it as high on the ladder to get enough clearance so the flags don't touch the roof of the RV when there isn't any wind. It's still not bad, the bottom mount is about shoulder high.

xrated
05-15-2017, 05:51 AM
How about this?

- Jeff
I like those flag pole mounts.....where did you get them/brand?

unyalli
05-15-2017, 07:16 AM
I like those flag pole mounts.....where did you get them/brand?

Thanks, built it my self. The flag mounts are normal adjustable ones for your house. Painted the base black. I remove the silver part when traveling. The plate is 1/4 aluminum alloy painted and bolted to the hitch through existing holes with those spring toggle bolts.
http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=4596&albumid=406&dl=1494861349&thumb=1
- Jeff

Whitewolf
05-17-2017, 10:52 AM
I have one of each mounted to the ladder. The U.S.flag and the BLM flag are both on the fiberglass pole. The Yooper flag is on the aluminum one. I also have 1 adjustable that I mounted to the Goosebox.

Leatherman
05-20-2017, 09:24 AM
I mounted two of the aluminum flag pole holders to the front A Frame. One on each side. They work great and I can angle the flags any way I want. I use two of those inexpensive flag pole kits from Walmart that comes in 2' sections. I purchased three kits so I could make each pole 8' high (each kit is only 6' tall). Each comes with a US 3' x 5' flag.

I am going to paint them black to match the frame and leave the removable "cups' white so I remember to remove them when traveling.

It took only 30 minutes or so to install.

unyalli
05-20-2017, 11:56 AM
I mounted two of the aluminum flag pole holders to the front A Frame. One on each side. They work great and I can angle the flags any way I want. I use two of those inexpensive flag pole kits from Walmart that comes in 2' sections. I purchased three kits so I could make each pole 8' high (each kit is only 6' tall). Each comes with a US 3' x 5' flag.

I am going to paint them black to match the frame and leave the removable "cups' white so I remember to remove them when traveling.

It took only 30 minutes or so to install.

Nice, now I know how to do it on my travel trailer. The above was on my fifth wheel. How did you make the pole 8'?

- Jeff

Carbon18
05-20-2017, 12:55 PM
White wolf, any problems in high winds w 2 flags on fiberglass pole or sections on fiberglass pole collapsing on there own?

Bamacamper
05-20-2017, 12:57 PM
We have the flag buddy fiberglass 22' pole and it works awesome. Just got back from Talladega and we had 4 flags on the pole with no problem.

Carbon18
05-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Thanks for info, have many NASCAR flags to fly .

Bamacamper
05-20-2017, 04:26 PM
No problem and welcome to the forum.......

Leatherman
05-21-2017, 08:02 AM
Nice, now I know how to do it on my travel trailer. The above was on my fifth wheel. How did you make the pole 8'?

- Jeff
Purchase three kits of the generic flag pole sets from Walmart. These kits here: https://www.united-states-flag.com/residential-flagpole-set-economy-kit.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=191091076122&gclid=Cj0KEQjw9YTJBRD0vKClruOsuOwBEiQAGkQjPz6zbIVQ kwywiisucFxmOXWJo-o3v0G6hKHud_ZbyZcaArmp8P8HAQ Each pole section is 2'. Just use the third kit for the spare poles.

The aluminum brackets at Walmart are here: https://www.united-states-flag.com/adjustable-aluminum-flagpole-bracket.html You can get them in different colors (white, black, gold and silver). I purchased the white ones at the local store. They did not have the colored ones in stock. They are $5.89 in your choice of color. I used the high grade screws for the brackets into the A Frame. Drill some pilot holes first. Make sure you seal each hole as needed to ensure you do not get moisture inside the frame. I filled the hole with caulk and again coated the screws before screwing them in.

They went on quickly. They are in so well now I can actually stand on the brackets and they don't budge.

unyalli
05-21-2017, 10:14 AM
Purchase three kits of the generic flag pole sets from Walmart. These kits here: https://www.united-states-flag.com/residential-flagpole-set-economy-kit.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=191091076122&gclid=Cj0KEQjw9YTJBRD0vKClruOsuOwBEiQAGkQjPz6zbIVQ kwywiisucFxmOXWJo-o3v0G6hKHud_ZbyZcaArmp8P8HAQ Each pole section is 2'. Just use the third kit for the spare poles.

The aluminum brackets at Walmart are here: https://www.united-states-flag.com/adjustable-aluminum-flagpole-bracket.html You can get them in different colors (white, black, gold and silver). I purchased the white ones at the local store. They did not have the colored ones in stock. They are $5.89 in your choice of color. I used the high grade screws for the brackets into the A Frame. Drill some pilot holes first. Make sure you seal each hole as needed to ensure you do not get moisture inside the frame. I filled the hole with caulk and again coated the screws before screwing them in.

They went on quickly. They are in so well now I can actually stand on the brackets and they don't budge.

So with three kits you can have a 10' poll for the stars and stripes and a 8' poll for your secondary. Nice and legal. Thanks

Whitewolf
05-28-2017, 06:02 PM
Carbon18- Sorry for the delay. I have had the fiberglass collapse twice. I attribute that to not securing each section tight enough. Both poles have been is some fairly high winds without a problem. I'd get them again given the opportunity.