PDA

View Full Version : Packable camping activities.....

Double b
05-12-2017, 07:02 AM
Todays question is what do you have in your trailer for games and activities to keep everyone occupied, and don't say electronic devices like ipods and tablets :facepalm:. That's another thread lol

We past the point of getting the camper ready for this years camping, looking at what games/activities we are going to add to the camper inventory this year. Last year we purchased the packable ladderball toss. This year I was thinking Croquet or bean bag toss. But the question I was looking for the answer was, what unique outside games are there that people play. Also not a fortune to buy or take a ton of room to store.

My list includes;
Croquet
Bean bag toss

We already have for the rainy days cards, dominoes, monopoly, yatzee, horse races. Looking outdoor games that can be played either at our campsite or at the campground park. We understand that Horseshoes is available at most campgrounds, but the kids are a bit young for that one.

Please include all ideas, even ones I need to make. With owning a trailer we've displayed we're handy.... lol

sourdough
05-12-2017, 07:27 AM
Washers? We've got a badminton net/racquets we used to take when the grand girls were smaller.

Desert185
05-12-2017, 07:41 AM
Firearms, ATV's and DVD's with an ice maker and a Baby Q to enhance the experience. :thumbsup:

canesfan
05-12-2017, 07:52 AM
Soccer ball.

Tbos
05-12-2017, 09:21 AM
Catch phrase and Uno can be fun. Recently played scatergories it was fun too.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

canesfan
05-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Recently had the experience of playing Cards Against Humanity with a group of friends after a cookout. They had the entire version, apparently there are different versions and this one contained quite a bit of adult content. We were up to almost 2am it was so captivatingly fun. Maybe not the best for a campground, but a gentler version could be fun.

Tbos
05-12-2017, 09:34 AM
I forgot Apples to Apples is a good game too.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

Steve S
05-12-2017, 10:51 AM
Metal detecting, drones if the the weather is nice. And when it's bad then painting and plenty of games. My fav is Operation.:popcorn:

slow
05-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Roasting sticks!

canesfan
05-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Metal detecting, drones if the the weather is nice. And when it's bad then painting and plenty of games. My fav is Operation.:popcorn:

A lot of places down here (US) don't allow metal detecting and many places are not allowing drones. I'm sure the list will continue to get bigger.

canesfan
05-12-2017, 11:12 AM
Roasting sticks!

:thumbsup:

EagleandFox
05-12-2017, 11:28 AM
Bocce Ball is fun and all the equipment packs in a small bag! All ages can play!

Steve S
05-12-2017, 11:54 AM
A lot of places down here (US) don't allow metal detecting and many places are not allowing drones. I'm sure the list will continue to get bigger.

Wow that's gotta suck! I think that we have rules about flying drones near the airport and in the city.

Desert185
05-12-2017, 01:38 PM
Wow that's gotta suck! I think that we have rules about flying drones near the airport and in the city.

In the US:

http://knowbeforeyoufly.org

In Canada:

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/opssvs/flying-drone-safely-legally.html

Pull Toy
05-12-2017, 01:59 PM
CHEAP ANSWER!

Several cheap Frizbees of different colors. (The dollar store variety) When the kids were small, other than the obvious catch games and such... we laid out a Frizbee Golf Course long before the Yuppies co-opted it! Just make a course out of "from this tree to the trash can... from the trash can to the other tree... from the other tree to the soda machine... etc... and count the strokes. The course length and difficulty can be adjusted based on the skill level and age of the players. Hours of fun, light weight to haul, easy to store, and cheaper than a round of mini-golf for 8. There's also a game called "Newcome". It's like Volley Ball, but for juniors. The idea is to catch, rather than hit the ball back. You then throw the ball over the net, and the other side tries to catch it. Frizbees are ideal for this game too.

Next week we will discuss "Frizbee Boche". Never mind, use your imagination, we do. Best CHEAP money we've ever spent. Still have them on board for the Grandkids!

Good Luck,

p.s. Cribbage Board = Math skills!!

nellie1289
05-12-2017, 03:21 PM
DIRECTV dish. Take the tv outside of course.

the sodfather
05-13-2017, 07:32 AM
We've got a couple boomerangs, peewee sized leather football, frisbe, aerobie flying disc (very cool if your never seen one) and a mid-sized soccer/kick ball. Ya, we sleep well at night...

notanlines
05-13-2017, 08:36 AM
BB, you touched on Corn Holio and the ladder toss game. Our grandgirls all but wore our Corn Holio game out. Even the adults were really into it (No, I don't know why) It might be a little bulky, but should go a long way at keeping people satisfied. Actually I heard a lot of good suggestions on here. I wouldn't rule out a few cheap kites and extra string.

canesfan
05-13-2017, 08:59 AM
I left out Corn Hole only because it's a little big and bulky, depending on space. But it can keep a group occupied pretty much all day and night. Maybe not the young ones so much, but us adults can play until we can't anymore.

Mandolin
05-13-2017, 10:16 AM
Musical instruments. Specifically acoustic string instruments (guitars, mandolin, fiddle, ukulele). Outdoor during the day, indoor at night - I don't like disturbing other campers at night and I wish people with the loud outdoor stereos and TVs felt the same way.

Javi
05-13-2017, 10:26 AM
I left out Corn Hole only because it's a little big and bulky, depending on space. But it can keep a group occupied pretty much all day and night. Maybe not the young ones so much, but us adults can play until we can't anymore.

Any of y'all ever played washers...?

Don't take up nearly as much room in the storage and fun to play...

hdrolling
05-23-2017, 03:25 PM
we bought a cheap 3-1 game set at Dicks ,ladder ball toss/washers/corn hole.

Its pretty small when dissembled but once put together it transforms to the different games. It's just the one side so you would need to buy two if you wanted two corn hole stands. It's just colored PVC pipe so it's very lightweight.

This is the same one just at walmart.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Go-Gater-Ladderball-Corn-Hole-Bean-Bag-Toss-and-Washer-Toss/36052762

Steve079
05-23-2017, 03:38 PM
Any of y'all ever played washers...?

Yup. A fishing group I'm a member of, schedules a couple of get togethers a year, we play washers there into the wee hours. Fun, fun.

We also like Cribbage, Acey-Duecy and Yahtzee. Well, my wife likes Yahtzee, I get smoked ever time we play. :lol:

Jeepshots
05-23-2017, 03:47 PM
Tensie is fun, albeit a bit noisy. Everybody has 10 dice and attempts to roll all dice to one number (keeping the chosen number and re-rolling the rest of the dice). First to get all the same number yells Tensie! and next round they get to roll for the next number on the list while the rest attempt the original number. Phase 10 is a fun card game. Parents like to play Jokerboard. Kinda like Sorry, but with cards instead of dice. Kids like balls, scooters, frizbees, etc.

ctbruce
05-23-2017, 04:29 PM
Any body play the card game golf? We're addicted to it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

vampress_me
05-23-2017, 07:43 PM
Marbles and jokers. We were taught this by the people who own our favorite campground. And I'm hoping we get some good games with them this summer!

bubster2
06-01-2017, 08:17 PM
A guitar for the campfire, books for the wife. Cards for 31[emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chippewa93
06-02-2017, 02:33 AM
Chess & Backgammon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk