PDA

View Full Version : Garage Storage Solutions

Captain Mango
05-12-2017, 05:47 AM
Pretty new to the Fuzion Toyhauler family. We have a new 2017 Fuzion 369 and are in the process of loading and setting it up for travel. Compared to our past fifth wheel and our previous Class A Diesel coach, the upfront underbelly storage space is pretty limited. There seems to be a good bit of wall space in the garage after I load my golf cart that could be use. Has anyone put hooks or attachment points on the walls to bungee chairs or other larger objects to? I don't like stuff just laying loose on the road because it always shifts. Just looking for any ideas you veteran "Haulers" may have used.

Mango

canesfan
05-12-2017, 05:54 AM
I bungee lots of things to the bed uprights for traveling and to keep things from laying in the middle of the floor. In order to put hooks, etc you need to find the aluminum studs in the walls, otherwise the walls are pretty much just luan and foam, not much to anchor anything into.

Racebug
05-12-2017, 06:52 AM
funny you ask, I just did this yesterday! I made some brackets to hang the zero gravity chairs that came with my Fuzion on the garage walls and hooks on one wall for one of the tables. I am also figuring out a way to hang 4 bicycles on the wall. its amazing how 2 full size bikes and 2 kiddy size bikes can take up 13.6' of garage space!!

Racebug
05-12-2017, 06:54 AM
I guess I should add that I used a FLIR (infared) camera to locate the studs. I would have not been able to find them very easily otherwise.

xrated
05-12-2017, 07:10 AM
I don't have a lot of stuff hanging on the wall, but mostly what I do have is hanging on hooks/basket and I used the Gladiator Geartrack system. I did find the studs in the wall and the base piece is anchored to the wall via self tapping screws into the wall studs. It makes for a pretty sturdy anchoring system.

One other method I used for a bit of storage is my upper bed area. Since the T.H. is just used by my wife and I, and we use the Queen bed in the front of the trailer, we have no use for the bed/fold out sofa in the garage. So that upper bed area is used as a place to store some items. You do have to be careful though when using it, as the lift capacity of the system is like 450 lb and the bed and sofa are only 100 lbs or so less than the lifting capacity of the HappiJac system.

canesfan
05-12-2017, 07:17 AM
You all must have a lot more wall space than I do. I have windows everywhere and then the door. The only real wall space I have is maybe a couple feet below the windows, which requires moving everything in order to put the bottom bed down and a tiny spot in front of the door above where the central vac is located, which isn't big enough for hardly anything. The TV, WD hookup and wall switches take up the front wall along with the sliding patio door. Oh, there's also the beer fridge that takes up the only remaining area between the sliding door and the WD hookups. I use the beds for beds, it's one reason for the TH.

Racebug
05-12-2017, 07:30 AM
I guess the sliding door takes up more wall space, but would love to have had one! I am hoping to hang bikes with the front tire over top of the window and rear tire under it. Of course most everything comes out (along with railings and 3 season doors) for the race car to fit when we aren't just camping.

Desert185
05-12-2017, 07:38 AM
I guess I should add that I used a FLIR (infared) camera to locate the studs. I would have not been able to find them very easily otherwise.

Which one do you have?

Racebug
05-12-2017, 08:13 AM
Flir b300.

Racebug
06-07-2017, 08:27 AM
mounted the bike rack. 10 screws into the aluminum studs and welded to the happyjack. Fingers crossed that it holds!

gary31
06-14-2017, 12:11 PM
I used shelving across the front of my garage and it is amazing how much stuff you can keep organized.

Foust
08-08-2018, 05:19 AM
I have a 3 car garage with a 2 car space about this size. Unless you drive a midget car or park outside it's just NOT enough room for 2 cars to comfortably park inside and have any sort of real work bench or storage space. If you have, or get, a truck -- fahgetta about it!

My previous house was a custom build with a 25' x 25' two car garage. I would have liked more but that was a compromise I made with budget. And for two cars, it was a pretty good choice. It offered a comfortable space to park 2 daily drivers and have ample storage and work space. At the time I even had a zero turn mower stuff in there.

It wouldn't cost you much more to expand your 2 car to these dimensions and you would be much, much happier. Still do the other things mentioned, but when building -- make sure you get good "bones" to start off.

One last thought -- if possible, leave yourself a good sized attic above that you can floor and use as storage. I have one above mine and it has been a life saver!

The most valuable real estate in your garage is the floor space, so you need to think up. Search here for soffit cabinets https://mechanicguides.com/best-garage-cabinets/ -- that space is mostly wasted otherwise and makes for great storage. Fold down workspaces are also handy.

The shed idea is a great one -- I moved my yard stuff out to a shed a few years ago, and it made a big difference in my garage.

The biggest thing is to have a clear plan for what you intend to do in the space. The smaller the area, the more clever you have to be to fit it all in.

xrated
08-08-2018, 06:03 AM
Uhh, the OP was asking about storage ideas in the "garage" area of his toy hauler.....not his house. Nice try though!

AbHDToyHauler
08-08-2018, 10:13 AM
Uhh, the OP was asking about storage ideas in the "garage" area of his toy hauler.....not his house. Nice try though!

LOL oh oh
:popcorn:

Mongoose9400
09-04-2018, 12:35 PM
I used shelving across the front of my garage and it is amazing how much stuff you can keep organized.

What type of fastener did you use to attach to the wall? How did you locate the studs to fasten to?

svt
09-18-2018, 08:37 PM
funny you ask, I just did this yesterday! I made some brackets to hang the zero gravity chairs that came with my Fuzion on the garage walls and hooks on one wall for one of the tables. I am also figuring out a way to hang 4 bicycles on the wall. its amazing how 2 full size bikes and 2 kiddy size bikes can take up 13.6' of garage space!!

WOW how big are your bikes :lol:
I have 12f garage and i fit my 4 seat rzr and 2 adult bikes and 3 kids bikes.

kraftee
10-06-2018, 02:49 PM
We have a new Outback 324CG with the front garage. It's limited to 1,000 pounds up there, but I have no need for sleeping accommodations in the garage, so I was able to remove both folding bunks. I replaced them with a shelf for tools, gear, and parts. About a wash, weight-wise. I bought the rig primarily for hauling two race bikes and a pit bike to vintage motocross races. To that end it works spectacularly. Lots of room for the three bikes plus gear, tools, gas, etc. I put "Lock n Load" bike shoes in for the race bikes and a generic chock for the pit bike. In a pinch, I can get a fourth dirt bike in facing out. Installed a lot of e-track to give me multiple tie-down options.

Everything is held down with though-bolts and large washer plates, since the floor is just thin luan plywood sheets sandwiching foam. Wherever possible, I bolted through a crossmember or the trailer frame rail. The really tough part was getting the damned "Arctic Barrier" plastic down and out of the way so I could access the bottom of the garage. I am pretty happy with the results.

whitescrew77
11-10-2018, 06:03 PM
We installed gray patio type cabinets in the back of our fuzion 351. Still have room for the golf cart. 19243

jimthemosaicguy
11-12-2018, 06:43 AM
Hey “kraftee” great idea to use the aluminum angle and bungee cords on pic 2. I’m curious about the VMX pic...where did you find the metal ramp piece that covers the gap at the entrance? I have a fuzion 416 with the patio and would like to fund something to cover it when the ramp is in the patio position and down to load cargo .

GovGeek
05-31-2020, 04:38 PM
Hey “kraftee” great idea to use the aluminum angle and bungee cords on pic 2. I’m curious about the VMX pic...where did you find the metal ramp piece that covers the gap at the entrance? I have a fuzion 416 with the patio and would like to fund something to cover it when the ramp is in the patio position and down to load cargo .

Sorry to wakeup up an old thread, I haven't been here in a long time... but to answer that question in case anyone else is curious, It's stock and comes that way. We have an older '16 324CG model, same setup except for the ramp extension. Keystone wasn't offering a ramp extension back then and why we've never been able to haul our motorcycle.

hawghauler
04-29-2022, 05:17 AM
We have a new Outback 324CG with the front garage. It's limited to 1,000 pounds up there, but I have no need for sleeping accommodations in the garage, so I was able to remove both folding bunks. I replaced them with a shelf for tools, gear, and parts. About a wash, weight-wise. I bought the rig primarily for hauling two race bikes and a pit bike to vintage motocross races. To that end it works spectacularly. Lots of room for the three bikes plus gear, tools, gas, etc. I put "Lock n Load" bike shoes in for the race bikes and a generic chock for the pit bike. In a pinch, I can get a fourth dirt bike in facing out. Installed a lot of e-track to give me multiple tie-down options.

Everything is held down with though-bolts and large washer plates, since the floor is just thin luan plywood sheets sandwiching foam. Wherever possible, I bolted through a crossmember or the trailer frame rail. The really tough part was getting the damned "Arctic Barrier" plastic down and out of the way so I could access the bottom of the garage. I am pretty happy with the results.

Nice setup

But " real men " ride Maicos 😉