PDA

View Full Version : Rear camera install in Springdale

sleeepr
05-05-2017, 06:24 AM
Just purchased a 2017 Springdale 3030BH, stripping up from. 1993 Coleman pop-up. There is a platform on the rear of the trailer for a rear camera, and I'm wondering if it is wired, and if so, how routed? Dealer handles Fusion, but I've read some negative posts on other forums, and really hope to pay less because I'm cheap. Any thoughts, help? Thanks.

NorskeBob
05-05-2017, 06:40 AM
Just purchased a 2017 Springdale 3030BH, stripping up from. 1993 Coleman pop-up. There is a platform on the rear of the trailer for a rear camera, and I'm wondering if it is wired, and if so, how routed? Dealer handles Fusion, but I've read some negative posts on other forums, and really hope to pay less because I'm cheap. Any thoughts, help? Thanks.

I have the same question - our Avalanche has a mount too - will do some looking on the net.

chuckster57
05-05-2017, 06:44 AM
Welcome to the forum!!

Are you sure it's not FURION brand? if so then we have installed dozens with no issues. Most are powered by the clearance lights so the camera is oly powered when the lights are on. Wireless transmitting and evey one I have put in has had a clear picture.

PARAPTOR
05-05-2017, 06:59 AM
I would hope if they installed a bracket there that at least power was made available. Prewiring can come in to flavors, power only to camera (transnitter), or power and video cable generally run to front of rig where transmitter is located. I am sure someone will chime in who has or is familiar with your model.

You mentioned read above issues with camera range????

Added: oops, welcome to the forum from Western PA. Enjoy !!!

chuckster57
05-05-2017, 07:02 AM
I would hope if they installed a bracket there that at least power was made available.

Can't say I've seen a unit with the mount that didn't have the power pigtail tucked inside.

PARAPTOR
05-05-2017, 07:07 AM
Can't say I've seen a unit with the mount that didn't have the power pigtail tucked inside.

That would make sense, but then again these are RVS :banghead:

ctbruce
05-05-2017, 07:10 AM
Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! One important rule to always follow no matter the trailer manufacturerer: Never assume they do the best thing you can imagine that makes sense and is reasonable. They will take the path of least resistance every time.

In your case, power cord, yes. Prewired with cable to front of rig to make it easier, no. To expensive compared to a 12" 12 gague wire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

sleeepr
05-05-2017, 07:21 AM
Yup. Furion

NorskeBob
05-05-2017, 07:30 AM
Yup. Furion
Probably this?

Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL Wireless High-Speed RV Observation System or
Furrion FRC12TAPK-BL Wireless RV Back-Up System

sleeepr
05-05-2017, 08:06 AM
So, is the power supply set up so that the backup model connects to reverse light power, and observation to clearance lights? Or does the power source only come from the clearance lights and Furrion is just trying to confuse us?

Racebug
05-05-2017, 08:32 AM
My 2017 Fuzion came "pre-wired" so that it would power up when I shifted into reverse. I wanted it on all the time, so when I installed it I did wire it to the wire they left there and then just switched it up at the junction box up at the front of the trailer to the marker light power.

captcolour
05-05-2017, 05:25 PM
I was going to start a thread about backup cameras, but will just hijack this one :)
Is Furion the brand to buy? Was about to purchase on Amazon and got concerned about all of the brands after reading reviews.

chuckster57
05-05-2017, 05:27 PM
I was going to start a thread about backup cameras, but will just hijack this one :)

Is Furion the brand to buy? Was about to purchase on Amazon and got concerned about all of the brands after reading reviews.

See post #3.

captcolour
05-05-2017, 05:34 PM
See post #3.

That's what I thought but not so kind reviews on Amazon. Of course a lot of that is operator error!

sleeepr
05-30-2017, 06:37 AM
OK going to resurrect this thread. Bought the Furrion camera to fit the mount already installed on the trailer. Mounted, plugged into the pigtail and no power, either with clearance lights on or reverse lights of tow vehicle. Called Keystone Customer service, and they say my particular unit wasn't pre-wired. Called dealership, and they say they only install mounts if requested by customer.
So, now I'm tying to figure out where the power originates for the camera. I'm assuming downstream from the fuse, but I'm not sure I want to pull the control panel out and mess with that. Any ideas out there?

chuckster57
05-30-2017, 06:53 AM
Use the center clearance light.

dblanch57
05-30-2017, 07:25 AM
My 2017 Passport Elite came with the same mount and I installed the Furion Observation Camera purchased from Amazon. It was wired to the clearance lights and works better than I expected.

sleeepr
05-30-2017, 07:50 AM
Thanks, chuckster57. Pulled both mount and clearance light off - it was wired, but I finally figured out they had the polarity switched. Quick swap and bingo. Show Bizness! Now to get the old silicone cleaned off and reinstall/re-seal. Warranty, we don't need no stinking warranty!