PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Keystone Laredo 298srl

heiserk0410
05-04-2017, 12:13 PM
Getting ready to go pickup our new 5'er. Too bad it's raining. :(

:camping:

Frank G
05-04-2017, 01:39 PM
Enjoy, Careful in the wind with a empty unit. Not a good day for a PDI.

Tbos
05-05-2017, 04:07 AM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Hope it went well. Think of it this way. At some point you will have to operate everything in the rain. After your walk through, inspection and familiarization In the rain you have the experience under your belt. Enjoy your new rig.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

NorskeBob
05-05-2017, 04:21 AM
Enjoy your new purchase.

ctbruce
05-05-2017, 04:42 AM
Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Enjoy your new rig! Such an exciting time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

heiserk0410
05-05-2017, 05:07 AM
Got her home safe and sound. Pulled great! PDI went well and I only found 1 thing I missed that I can fix myself. The factory missed the stud on 2 of 3 screws that hold the decorative trim on above the bedroom slide-out. Easy fix. Maiden voyage in 2 weeks!

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=843&pictureid=4487

Tbos
05-05-2017, 05:19 AM
Nice looking set up. Glad your PDI went well. Enjoy.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

canesfan
05-05-2017, 06:05 AM
Nice looking setup. Enjoy it. And you got the getting it wet out of the way already. ;)

Frank G
05-05-2017, 07:47 AM
It looks like you have the same theater seats as we have in ours. Due to the shortness of the slide, keystone incorporated a roller on the front frame of each seat. To be honest, we felt this arrangement to be quite unstable so I took a couple of 4x6x1and1/8 in. pieces of wood and placed them under the rubber feet of each seat and the center console when the slide is out. Looking for a more permanent solution.

There is a lot to like with a Laredo. :)

Steve S
05-05-2017, 02:15 PM
Nice setup:) Welcome from BC Canada:CF::marshmallow:

PARAPTOR
05-05-2017, 03:27 PM
:wlcm: to The Forum From Western PA

CONGRATS on your new Laredo!! Looks Good Enjoy !

Be Safe and Happy Camping :camping:

BuxCamper
05-05-2017, 03:52 PM
:wlcm: aboard from Eastern PA!

Congrats on your new rig.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

rhagfo
05-08-2017, 04:42 AM
Enjoy, Careful in the wind with a empty unit. Not a good day for a PDI.

:camping:day for a PDI, great opportunity to check for any leaks, hopefully the unit has set out for a couple days in the rain.

I am a little late with that comment, but just have some rain gear to check out the undersides.

Best

Hapie Camper
05-11-2017, 04:00 PM
Getting ready to go pickup our new 5'er. Too bad it's raining. :(

How do you like your new Laredo 298RL 5'er? I picked mine up last Friday, hooked it up to my 30amp service at home and ran the ac in the kitchen and never got it to cool down to a comfortable temperature. I have a second ac in the bedroom but of course I couldn't run both at the same time on a 30 amp sevice. I took it back to the dealer on Monday and they checked out the amps and said it was working correctly but thet agreed that it wasnt cooling down the trailer. They said it might be because there is only two ac ducts in the living room and it may not be enough. They capped off the vent in the bedroom since I have another ac in there to blow more air in the living room. The air coming out the ducts does feel cool but I haven't put a thermometer on them to see how cool.

Im taking the 5'er out this weekend so we'll see how it does. They said to test it again and if it doesnt improve they will call Keystone and see what they recommend. This very upsetting, its a brand new trailer. I realize I have two ac's but I had to add the second one as an option. Why would they sell a trailer like this with one ac if its not enough, unless my main ac is not working like it should.

Have you tried yours out? Is it cooling down your trailer? Other than this we really like the trailer!

Thanks

heiserk0410
05-11-2017, 04:44 PM
How do you like your new Laredo 298RL 5'er? I picked mine up last Friday, hooked it up to my 30amp service at home and ran the ac in the kitchen and never got it to cool down to a comfortable temperature. I have a second ac in the bedroom but of course I couldn't run both at the same time on a 30 amp sevice. I took it back to the dealer on Monday and they checked out the amps and said it was working correctly but thet agreed that it wasnt cooling down the trailer. They said it might be because there is only two ac ducts in the living room and it may not be enough. They capped off the vent in the bedroom since I have another ac in there to blow more air in the living room. The air coming out the ducts does feel cool but I haven't put a thermometer on them to see how cool.

Im taking the 5'er out this weekend so we'll see how it does. They said to test it again and if it doesnt improve they will call Keystone and see what they recommend. This very upsetting, its a brand new trailer. I realize I have two ac's but I had to add the second one as an option. Why would they sell a trailer like this with one ac if its not enough, unless my main ac is not working like it should.

Have you tried yours out? Is it cooling down your trailer? Other than this we really like the trailer!

Thanks
We haven't taken it out for the maiden voyage as of yet. I don't have a 30amp connection (yet...building pole barn next month and will wire in 50amp connection) so haven't tested out the air. Also, it's still rather cool here in Michigan. Air probably won't be running for a while yet but when we do I'll let you know. Thanks for the heads up. And yes, so far we love it!

Ken.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ctbruce
05-12-2017, 02:48 AM

Thanks
First, welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Second, do a search on here for AC issues. Sometimes the air exchange in the unit is not sealed properly and allows the cool and hot air to mix. You'll have to take the inside cover off to see. Just a thought and it has helped others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hapie Camper
05-15-2017, 04:44 PM
Thanks ctbruce! I will definently check it out. We just got back from our camping trip and if it wasn't for the second a/c we would have been sweating during the day. Outside temperature was at 83 here in Texas and we had partial shade.

Time to search as you suggested.

sourdough
05-15-2017, 05:19 PM
A couple of things;

1) take it back to the dealer and tell them capping off the bedroom AC vent is NOT a solution. There will be many times you can run on 1 AC but if they have capped off the bedroom it may get very uncomfortable, very fast without it.

2) Tell them to check all the ducts and see "where", not "if" the ducts aren't sealed.

3) tell the to check the main AC unit to make sure it is sealed and you are getting all the air into the ducts and it's not cross mixing warm air with the cool.

Note: I just re-read your post. At 83 and partial shade our 15k will keep us comfortable without kicking in the bedroom AC. Hot, direct sunlight into big windows will sure heat things up though. We block those windows when required.

IMO the dealer blew you off and stuck you with a bad solution. Don't let them get away with it.

There are definitely times, especially in TX and other places, that 2 ACs are required, but, they need to make sure that your main AC is working properly....and it doesn't sound like they did. Make them do further testing and produce numbers to show you air flows and temps.

heiserk0410
06-05-2017, 09:38 AM

Thanks

Hey Hapie Camper...were you able to get your AC problem resolved? We finally got to test ours out over the weekend and yes...we have a problem. However, I think it has to do with the thermostat switch and not the AC unit itself. We could only get the AC to pump cold air when we had the thermostat in the "On" position not "Auto" and the fan on "High" with the thermostat set to 55 degrees. I have an appointment to drop it off with our dealer next week. I'll be adding this to our laundry list of items that need to be addressed.

I'll tell you one thing I absolutely love about this 5'er is how it tows going down the road. Man, talk about a smooth ride. Those EquaFlex shocks they put between the axles make a huge difference!

Hapie Camper
06-09-2017, 11:26 AM
Heiserk0410... I may have given up to easy with the dealer but they started talking about removing some of the ceiling and adding ducts and they dont seem compatent enough to handle the job. I did as ctbruce suggested and searched the forum and found some things I'm going to try. I also bought two closable vents, one for bathroom and other for bedroom, so i can shut them off when needed and force more air to the living room. I'm going to remove the last vent in the living room and the one in the bedroom to check for dead space in the a/c duct past those vents.

I've been out of town so I haven't had a chance to do this but I'll let you know the results once I do.

Hapie Camper
06-18-2017, 08:51 AM
I was finally able to work and test the A/C and it improved a lot. There IS a good amount of dead space on both ends of the trailer A/C ducting.

I blocked them off with pieces of styrofoam and foil duct tape. It made a big difference on air volume. We camped this week, temps were in the high 90's and in direct sun and we got the inside temp to 82 without turning on the 2nd A/C. Once we kicked on the 2nd A/C we got it down to 78 in the livingroom and colder in the bedroom. It wasn't freezing but it was comfortable. I like it colder but I realize I'm not at home. It is an improvement though.

On another note... I got an "Error LF Jack" on my auto leveling system but I was on pretty unlevel ground. I thought it was because that jack was at full extend but i could manually extend it after the error would come up. I cleared the error and tried again but it did it again even after adding blocks. I did have the right landing gear pinned with more holes showing than the left.

I'll have to unhitch it from the truck and try it at home and see what happens. I got home, parked it and hurried off to work so I wasn't able to mess with it. I'll keep y'all informed.

heiserk0410
06-18-2017, 09:20 AM
I was finally able to work and test the A/C and it improved a lot. There IS a good amount of dead space on both ends of the trailer A/C ducting.

I blocked them off with pieces of styrofoam and foil duct tape. It made a big difference on air volume. We camped this week, temps were in the high 90's and in direct sun and we got the inside temp to 82 without turning on the 2nd A/C. Once we kicked on the 2nd A/C we got it down to 78 in the livingroom and colder in the bedroom. It wasn't freezing but it was comfortable. I like it colder but I realize I'm not at home. It is an improvement though.

On another note... I got an "Error LF Jack" on my auto leveling system but I was on pretty unlevel ground. I thought it was because that jack was at full extend but i could manually extend it after the error would come up. I cleared the error and tried again but it did it again even after adding blocks. I did have the right landing gear pinned with more holes showing than the left.

I'll have to unhitch it from the truck and try it at home and see what happens. I got home, parked it and hurried off to work so I wasn't able to mess with it. I'll keep y'all informed.
Yeah...the bathroom air conditioning vent is puzzling to me too. Really doesn't need to be there. We too received a LF Jack Error on our last trip. Pretty sure we didn't give the jack enough room for error. Was able to clear the message and get everything working again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk