PDA

View Full Version : Campground Events and Activities

Brandon
05-03-2017, 05:52 PM
What are your favorite events/activities put on by the campground for kids and/or adults?

Examples:
Christmas in July
Halloween festivities
Pancake breakfast
Bike rentals

sourdough
05-03-2017, 05:58 PM
I go fishing.....:)

66joej
05-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Mostly to get away from having to do activities.

chuckster57
05-03-2017, 06:21 PM

Got that right!! Only time I'm actually NOT working on someone's something.

JRTJH
05-03-2017, 07:06 PM

X3 or 4 or 5 or ??? The best activity any campground can provide is "PEACE AND QUIET" !!!

That's partly why my favorite campground isn't a campground, but is a "quiet place that's level, next to my favorite lake and 13 miles down a "two track" that I can negotiate with the trailer and then go back to the highway for the boat... Nope, no cell service, no TV, no electricity and the only water is for boat floatin'
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/ships/boat-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

Thundershorts
05-03-2017, 07:09 PM
Sit by the campfire and drink beer or whiskey. :campfire::party:

bagged123
05-04-2017, 04:01 AM
the CG's we go to have a pretty cool adult activity, they call it 'relaxing in a chair'. I participate in that every time we go camping.

Javi
05-04-2017, 04:43 AM
Campground activity for me is always gonna involve a comfortable chair, good whiskey, and depending on the time of year a fire or shade and light breeze... Don't need or want nothing else..

notanlines
05-04-2017, 04:50 AM
Being a grandfather to eight I guess I better head in a different direction. We have camped a number of times in Lone Pine RV/Campground just north of Burlington, Vermont. Every night about 6:30 or so the camp operator drives their old fire truck completely through the entire camp, bell ringing and loaded with virtually every child (and some adults) in the area. I simply can't tell you the high ol' time these kids have and how they look forward to this activity. Now, once the sun starts to go down, Brenda and I virtually every single night during the Wisconsin summer sit by a campfire at least for an hour or more talking about where our next days ride might take us or where the trout might just "jump in the boat."

SAABDOCTOR
05-04-2017, 05:45 AM
During the day I get out a 4 meter glider and a lawn chair and see how long i can keep that thing airborne or take rides with the dogs. At night light the camp fire and rid the world of those nasty cans / bottles of beer and wine:party:

PARAPTOR
05-04-2017, 06:14 AM
Comes down to personal preference or you can say their definition of camping. Those who enjoy somewhat constant outside group parties at home are generally found at campsites with dayly group activities such as Band and Dancing, Gym activities, Kid and Adult Craft,................ Others prefer being alone or with a friend or two, sort of I want to get away from this hectic STUFF

Just reading posts from long time campers in the wilderness with just a tent, outside facilities and a few essentials and now camping with 40 foot 8K + campers.

I prefer Full Hookups at a minimum. But have to admit have been to a few really fancy campgrounds with all sort of activities going on all day

canesfan
05-04-2017, 06:31 AM
During the day I get out a 4 meter glider and a lawn chair and see how long i can keep that thing airborne or take rides with the dogs. At night light the camp fire and rid the world of those nasty cans / bottles of beer and wine:party:

^^^ I don't need activities, I can entertain myself, but I don't mind them, as long as they are not totally in my face. I frequent a local SP and they are starting hay rides this Summer. Fine by me. In the middle of the Summer, when the place is full, it's still a nice place to visit. Plenty to do outside the CG, so it's usually only full in the evenings, and even then, it's usually pretty quiet. I don't mind hearing others talking and laughing. I DO mind hearing a dog(s) barking incessantly all day and night long. :ermm:

B-O-B'03
05-04-2017, 07:49 AM
We are not "activity" people, other than the "shoot from the hip" kind, which is probably why you will never see us on a cruise ship.

To us a vacation is to get away from it all, other than any friends we can convince to come with or meet us.

Dry camping, away from it all, suits us just fine, but SP, NP, BLM and FS camp grounds are perfectly acceptable.

After a day of snooping around, where ever we are, there is nothing better than cooking outside and enjoying adult beverages with the one I love and have been married to for 37 years.

-Brian

BuxCamper
05-04-2017, 07:53 AM
If the activity interests me I'll do it. No CG public or private with any organized activity has forced me to participate in an event. Unlike other types of travels you don't have to feel compelled to partake in offered activities.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

CaptnJohn
05-04-2017, 07:04 PM
I prefer none! I come to relax and explore the area then move on in a few days, weeks, or months.

Cheryl
05-04-2017, 07:14 PM
We are not "activity" people, other than the "shoot from the hip" kind, which is probably why you will never see us on a cruise ship.

To us a vacation is to get away from it all, other than any friends we can convince to come with or meet us.

Dry camping, away from it all, suits us just fine, but SP, NP, BLM and FS camp grounds are perfectly acceptable.

After a day of snooping around, where ever we are, there is nothing better than cooking outside and enjoying adult beverages with the one I love and have been married to for 37 years.

-Brian
Lovely! Curious as to what the campground acronyms stand for?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

chuckster57
05-04-2017, 07:45 PM
SP- State park
NP- National park
BLM- Bureau of land Management
FS- Forest service

ctbruce
05-05-2017, 04:21 AM
Stayed at Yellowstone's Edge outside of Livingston MT last summer. They didn't allow individual fire rings at sites which suited us fine as DW doesn't care for the smoke or the smell. Too many trips to Haiti were everything is charcoal cooking 24/7 I guess. Anyway the owners lit a fire every night and put out chairs. We all came together to talk, share stories, meet new people, and have a drink or ice cream together. I really enjoyed this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Desert185
05-06-2017, 06:21 AM
Boondocking with one or two other ATV folks. Ride/explore or shoot during the day and cook/eat afterwards with a sip of whiskey or two. Crowds, screaming urchins and organized activities are not our formula for relaxation.

I like flying into the backcountry for some camping with a nightly fire. No fly-in's. Just one or two other airplanes, at the most, for tagging other interesting airstrips during the morning hours. One of my favorites is the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness in Idaho.

canesfan
05-06-2017, 06:29 AM
Stayed at Yellowstone's Edge outside of Livingston MT last summer. They didn't allow individual fire rings at sites which suited us fine as DW doesn't care for the smoke or the smell. Too many trips to Haiti were everything is charcoal cooking 24/7 I guess. Anyway the owners lit a fire every night and put out chairs. We all came together to talk, share stories, meet new people, and have a drink or ice cream together. I really enjoyed this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I had stayed in a CoE park a few times where some campers would setup and have a fire and invite others in the CG over for the evening. It was usually Fall and not a ton of people around, but enough. I was hesitant the first time, but a buddy talked me into going and I had a very enjoyable evening. Met some new folks I otherwise wouldn't have met. Talked about all sorts of stuff. Good times.

PARAPTOR
05-06-2017, 06:54 AM
I guess that is why some are referred to as Camp Sites and other as Resorts. Pick your flavor ,,,:popcorn:

canesfan
05-06-2017, 10:16 AM
I guess that is why some are referred to as Camp Sites and other as Resorts. Pick your flavor ,,,:popcorn:

"RV Resorts" are for those folks with $500,000 + Class As who are afraid to get them dirty, have smoke from a campfire "infest" it, and don't want to be in the same "campground" as us "trailer trash". There are a growing number of "RV Resorts" that won't let you in if you don't have a high priced Class A. Not to say ALL RV Resorts are this sway, but, you know, you can have them, for the most part. :hide: :popcorn: :whistling:

BuxCamper
05-06-2017, 07:18 PM
And the ones with the $500K class A run to their dealer for each and every thing like a loose cabinet knob.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk