PDA

View Full Version : Don't step on the shower drain.

TheTynman
05-02-2017, 05:58 PM
I recently picked up our new 2016 Alpine 3510re. On the way home, we stopped at the Keystone manufacturing facility in Goshen, IN. The rep we were talking to was very helpful and spent a lot of time with us, as we had a few items to discuss. One of the things she told us is to make sure we do not stand on the shower drain. The drain design has a p-trap under the drain and as a result, has no significant bracing to support a person's weight. If you step on the drain, it may crack. Fortunately, the drain is not located in a spot that would be easy to step on but none-the-less, I thought I'd pass that information on.

Jeepshots
05-02-2017, 06:40 PM
Good info - thanks!

mtofell
05-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Good info but my god are these things cheaply made!! EVERY tub and shower in EVERY house has a P-trap yet miraculously don't fall apart if the drain is stepped on. Honestly, this is just ridiculous that the manufacturers have to tell people where to step in a shower. What's next, don't lean back on the toilet or I'll fall into the black tank? :confused::confused:

sourdough
05-02-2017, 07:07 PM
My trailer had significant flex at the drain point....which would have led to failure in the future. Keystone paid for additional support under warranty. The normal situation would have led to shower/drain failure in short order.