PDA

View Full Version : Refridgerator

Gwoody
05-02-2017, 12:27 PM
I have a Cougar 337fls and with the slide closed the fridge will not operate on propane and the stove will not light. There is a pinched rubber gas line under the slide. Anyone else run into this problem and is there a fix? Any suggestions will be helpful. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbecky
05-02-2017, 01:05 PM
Best thing would be replace the line and route it so it doesn't get pinched again. This would be better than risking a leak and fire.

Gwoody
05-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Best thing would be replace the line and route it so it doesn't get pinched again. This would be better than risking a leak and fire.

Thanks for that. It looks like it is a manufacturer oops. Bad location on the gas line. I was just wondering if anyone else had to reroute the line and where they put it. I will definitely be looking into that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRTJH
05-02-2017, 02:16 PM
If I remember, there are some "spring benders" available that slip over a hose. Then, when the hose is bent, the spring prevents crimping and will protect the hose inside from bending at too sharp an angle. So, maybe a "spring bender" and another spring to apply tension to keep the LP hose from dropping down when the slide is retracted ???

chuckster57
05-02-2017, 02:20 PM
There are also stiff plastic "corners" made for 1/2" pex. If I remember right they are a gentle 90 degree turn.