PDA

View Full Version : Hello from British Columbia

BullyJiggz
04-30-2017, 11:24 AM
Hello,

A total newbie "American" living in Canada. Always been a tent guy, but the girl wanted a trailer. Now we are shopping. I joined this forum as we really like the Cougar 21RBSWE. I have a diesel 3/4 ton Chevy and could pull more. Just don't want more. I go camping to be outside, if I had more, I am likely to be inside. I wanted a four season trailer. The sales guy said this model is good to -18. Don't think I'll go that cold.

So any tips for a shopper, what can I ask for at sales, what should I ask for. What is a must need, and any other helpful advise before I buy.

Thanks

Tbos
04-30-2017, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. There are lots of posts about first timers and what is needed. A good weight distribution hitch is a must. A fresh water hose to hook up to city water, a sewer/dump hose, leveling blocks and chocks are the very basics. When you are making the deal ask for the Universe and settle for the moon. Have fun shopping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ctbruce
04-30-2017, 03:55 PM
Some dealers will include the hitch on a first time buyer. If it's an equalizer 4 point don't turn them down. Great hitch. Have them set it up too, but it will need adjustment after you load up your camper. Good luck and welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

66joej
04-30-2017, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.
As noted above compose a list of everything you can think of that is in the parts dept. Then accept what you can work into the deal. It's your money. Good luck.