PDA

View Full Version : Pendant lights

Craigidyllwild
04-30-2017, 06:52 AM
Pendant lights

Can't figure out how to remove the bulbs from the pendant lights I broke one trying to get it out I can't even figure out how to get the other one out any help would be appreciated thank you

canesfan
04-30-2017, 06:56 AM
They're in there tight. Sometimes it helps to push up slightly and then turn. Just have to find the happy medium of not to much pressure to break the bulb. Can be tricky.

PARAPTOR
04-30-2017, 07:10 AM
I would think it would be nice to know the type base on the bulb in the Pendant lights. Need to know if you just pull, twist. twist and pull, ... etc

I have a feeling canesfan may be the one to ask, Do not ask :facepalm:

MikeD3534
05-01-2017, 05:54 AM
I want to say that the base is like that of an automotive tail light bulb. Push and twist.

canesfan
05-01-2017, 05:58 AM
It's a 1076 bulb most likely, push and turn.

gearhead
05-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Pendant lights .....argh.
I found one hanging by the wires last summer. Base was all messed up where that thumbscrew is. Houston mega dealer ordered one for me. The bulb in the other burned out and the socket is buggered up beyond all recognition. So now I need another one. Probably have to get 2 new ones to match.
I-95 still bad. Diesel $2.55 gallon in N Carolina. Was hot in Richmond VA for NASCAR. Raining in Columbia SC.
Down the road I go.

Craigidyllwild
05-02-2017, 07:57 AM
Thank you all for your replies. I am sure it is a push/turn bulb but the problem is on both the pendent lights, I cannot remove them. Period. I broke one bulb and the other one is in there so tight I'm afraid to mess with it any more. On the broken one, I am going to take the light down to deal with it...take it apart and fix it. The other one is still working but when I have to replace the bulb there will be the same frustrating problem...any other suggestions?

canesfan
05-02-2017, 08:14 AM
A blow torch and sledgehammer?

Sorry you're having difficulties. Mine are tight, I was worried about breaking them taking them out and also worried about breaking the LEDs putting them in. No other suggestions at the moment. :(