PDA

View Full Version : Our cougar 281.

zbiddle
04-30-2017, 05:41 AM
Got it set up so my parents cam use it while they finish there house. I think it's in good shape for 2700 plus tax. Now got to decide on a hitch for it. I have a 2001 chevy cclb drw duramax. What hitch would your guys recommend?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170430/d574b4b4797fbfc29a454e10743bd5b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

chuckster57
04-30-2017, 05:54 AM
Since you have a long bed, you don't need any type of slider. Lots of different brands, and as long as it is rated for the GVWR of the trailer you'll be good to go. Hitches can be a you get what you pay for kind of thing. Features I would make sure of is the head have both front/back AND side to side movement. Locking style can be clam shell, hook or bar. I personally have had bars on mine but that's just me. I'm sure others will chime in.

CaptnJohn
04-30-2017, 09:14 AM
Since you have a long bed, you don't need any type of slider. Lots of different brands, and as long as it is rated for the GVWR of the trailer you'll be good to go. Hitches can be a you get what you pay for kind of thing. Features I would make sure of is the head have both front/back AND side to side movement. Locking style can be clam shell, hook or bar. I personally have had bars on mine but that's just me. I'm sure others will chime in.

I too like the bar. Once it is over and lock in place it will not go anywhere as long as you are not high hitched.