PDA

View Full Version : Grey water Dump valve on 326MKS (just in front of tire)

msp2jxr
05-22-2011, 06:11 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had issues with a dump valve opening while the trailer is going down the road? I noticed my grey water valve pulls down towards the ground rather than the usual straight out and at me. Twice now I have gone to pull the grey water on my new trailer and the valve was slightly open letting some of the storage water through to the waste cap. I was wondering if the angle and weight of the handle would be enough for the valve to jiggle open from the vibrations of running down the road. Any thought suggestions or fixes?

Festus2
05-22-2011, 06:42 PM
While I have not experienced any problem with the valve opening while travelling, I have had a problem with both the rod and the handle on one of the grey tanks. In the first instance, when I pulled on the handle to open the valve, the handle came right off the aluminium rod. As it turned out, the threads were stripped and the handle needed replacing. In the second instance, the rod itself came out of the valve and I was left holding both the rod and the handle. Again, the rod had worked loose and needed to be re-threaded onto the valve. I applied some Lock-Tite and haven't hand a problem since. Since these incidents, I now pull on the handle very slowly and carefully.
I also installed a 4" sewer slide valve and the end of the sewer pipe so when you take the cap off, you need to pull another valve before anything will come out of the sewer line. Sort of a "safety feature" to prevent a sudden gush of $%^&*# if you forget to close off any of the valves to the tanks.
Both the rod and the rod handle are a bit on the shoddy side IMO.

Jay Pat
05-23-2011, 03:09 AM
I replaced the sewer cap with a cap that has a water hose connection /screw on hose cap. Before I take the large cap off, I undo the water cap first to see if there has been any leakage.
If I did find liquid, it would be a small surprise rather that a large surprise.
If I do find a leak, I hope it is grey water type.......
Pat

msp2jxr
05-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the replies... I am going to try it a few more times and see if continues to open since it is my grey water. If it does I guess I will rig a safety cord on it so it will not open. It all all enclosed and I would rather not get into that.