PDA

View Full Version : Sendel vs HiSpec

captcolour
04-27-2017, 01:05 PM
Any quality difference between Sendel wheels and HiSpec wheels that anyone knows of?

busterbrown
04-27-2017, 01:15 PM
I just bought new Hispec wheels for my travel travel. I had new tires and steel valve stems installed on them but have yet mounted them on my trailer. I had a hard time finding a tire shop able to "lug centric" balance the wheels. Very few "national chain" tire installers have the lug adapter anymore. The tech that did "lug centric" balance mine told me that the wheels needed very little weight. FYIW, they look like carbon copies of the Sendel wheels that came with my trailer, just bigger.

Outback 325BH
04-27-2017, 06:46 PM
Any quality difference between Sendel wheels and HiSpec wheels that anyone knows of?

HiSpec wheels are copies of Sendel wheels. I don't know if they are inferior or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captcolour
04-28-2017, 02:28 PM
Since the Sendel wheels were not available, I went with the HiSpec. After looking at their website, they are based out of Indiana and are ISO certified. If they take quality control seriously, should be OK.

goldtr8
08-13-2017, 04:53 AM
My 2450RL came with PDW wheels. They are all from China and I bet all they do is change the ID insert in the mold when they make them.