PDA

View Full Version : De-Winterizing

bschmuhl
04-26-2017, 04:57 PM
I just purchased a 2017 Summerland mini 1750RD in March. when we did the walk around they went through all these steps so fast just looking for a few hints on how to de winterize it and get it ready for camping as far as the water heater and getting the anit-freeze out of the lines

66joej
04-26-2017, 05:06 PM
Lots of posts on here. Do a search for dewinterize. Sorry your dealer experience was not what you expected. Enjoy that Summerland.
Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.

chuckster57
04-26-2017, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm: congrats on your new purchase, let's try to get you ready to use it. We get units "winterized" so I will give you the steps we use.

CLOSE all the drains, including the low point drains and the fresh tank drain. Then fill the fresh tank with clean potable water. Locate the water pump and make sure the valve is set to pull water from the tank, not the winterizing tube.

Turn the water pump on and then starting with the closest fixture turn the cold and hot faucets on until clear water is running. AFTER all the lines run clear, locate the water heater and on the back side will be the bypass valve. Set it so water flows into the tank, then turn on any hot water tap and let it run until steady stream of water.

Your water system should now be ready to use.

bschmuhl
04-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Thank you i know i have to put the cap back into the hotwater heater before i fill it with water and cap the lines underneath but couldnt figure out the rest of it because the water heater is gas only not duo gas electric and totally forgot about the water pump

CrazyCain
04-26-2017, 06:07 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm: congrats on your new purchase, let's try to get you ready to use it. We get units "winterized" so I will give you the steps we use.

CLOSE all the drains, including the low point drains and the fresh tank drain. Then fill the fresh tank with clean potable water. Locate the water pump and make sure the valve is set to pull water from the tank, not the winterizing tube.

Turn the water pump on and then starting with the closest fixture turn the cold and hot faucets on until clear water is running. AFTER all the lines run clear, locate the water heater and on the back side will be the bypass valve. Set it so water flows into the tank, then turn on any hot water tap and let it run until steady stream of water.

Your water system should now be ready to use.

Thanks for this Chuck, I'm about to do the de-winterizing on my Hideou for the first time ever this coming weekend and you explain it very well. Seems simple enough, lets just hope the night time lows behave for the next few weeks Upper Michigan..:ermm::popcorn: not supposed to get below 35 so............................................

chuckster57
04-26-2017, 06:25 PM
Your welcome. If you get a REAL cold snap, just turn the furnace on, set it to 65 and open all the cabinets on the floor.

fourfourto
04-26-2017, 06:40 PM
I have same trailer there is no winterizing line/tube at water pump.
theres also only one valve for water heater.

chuckster57
04-26-2017, 06:43 PM
I have same trailer there is no winterizing line/tube at water pump.

theres also only one valve for water heater.

Thank you for posting. With so many different configurations it's nice to have someone with the same unit give more accurate information.

JRTJH
04-26-2017, 07:23 PM
CrazyCain,

Not sure where you are in "upper Michigan" but the western half of the UP is under a winter storm advisory for tonight and tomorrow. Yup, snow is predicted, so depending on where your trailer is located, you might want to hold off on de-winterizing until the weekend or maybe "next weekend" .... :ermm:

CrazyCain
04-27-2017, 01:07 AM
CrazyCain,

Not sure where you are in "upper Michigan" but the western half of the UP is under a winter storm advisory for tonight and tomorrow. Yup, snow is predicted, so depending on where your trailer is located, you might want to hold off on de-winterizing until the weekend or maybe "next weekend" .... :ermm:

Miss typed John, Why I said Upper Mi, i'll never know. Not like i have not lived in this great state all my life,,,, :) It is in East Tawas not the U.P...Forcasted to be mid 30's next week for low's..crap shoot i guess..:ermm::confused:

CrazyCain
04-27-2017, 01:08 AM
Your welcome. If you get a REAL cold snap, just turn the furnace on, set it to 65 and open all the cabinets on the floor.

BAd thing is the trailer is 2.5 hrs away from ky right now...:confused: From KY right now?? HA HA, From ME right now!! Promise I have not been drinking with the Ghosts....:popcorn::popcorn:

fourfourto
04-27-2017, 04:32 AM
Heres a link to some Mods I did

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25509

there was a recall they should have updated/fixed yours but check
Link
http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26485