PDA

View Full Version : Mislabeling of Grey/Black Water Tanks?

John&Genny
04-26-2017, 12:43 PM
Genny and I just picked up a Avalanche 320RS 5th wheel back in March and we have been camping in it a couple of times since then. Recently I noticed that the grey water tank 1 was showing 2/3rd's full even though both grey tanks were open. After doing a bit of investigating the best we determined is that someone at Keystone switched the labeling of the Grey 1 and Black water tanks. I've attached a picture to show how mine is labeled with the hope that someone with a 320RS can see if theirs is the same or someone at Keystone didn't have enough coffee that morning :)

https://dropbox.com/s/373bylowd65i0wt/20170423_130152.jpg?dl=0

chuckster57
04-26-2017, 01:06 PM
Ongoing discussion here about mis labeled valves. Not just a Keystone thing either. Two ways to fix it:
1) move labels (easy)
2) move the handles ( not as easy)

PARAPTOR
04-26-2017, 01:12 PM
My dump pull handles are not in the convenience center but I would have assumed the two gray would be together and the black separate to avoid pulling the wrong one :eek: Mislabeling seems to be common lately

Bolo4u
04-26-2017, 04:00 PM
Because the Dump Handle Labeling Division reserves affixing the labels until every Friday at 4:52 pm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PARAPTOR
04-26-2017, 04:11 PM
I still think someone needs to check the beverages in those factory vending machines :eek:

66joej
04-26-2017, 04:27 PM
Because the Dump Handle Labeling Division reserves affixing the labels until every Friday at 4:52 pm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Right on! And they probably apply them on the way to the punch clock.:lol:

ctbruce
04-27-2017, 02:50 AM
Keep in mind doing the same job, every day, for years on end is tough. And pull handles are tough. There are lots of options and then a little creativity is expressed...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

canesfan
04-27-2017, 05:18 AM
Keep in mind doing the same job, every day, for years on end is tough. And pull handles are tough. There are lots of options and then a little creativity is expressed...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Creativity...HAHAHA :lol:

xcntrk
04-27-2017, 05:30 AM
Mine were mislabeled too. Had to switch labels in the basement hook-up access panel. Also, my toy hauler fuel tanks labels were reversed as well. That took a while to figure out.

John&Genny
04-27-2017, 07:39 AM
Chuckster, what ongoing discussion, where? :)

CaptnJohn
04-27-2017, 07:47 AM
Frames come onto the line upside down to get things installed underneath. An employee looks at the drawing and in they go, when flipped to begin working on the coach it is exactly opposite. Some never figure that out. I'm guessing that is the reason all three of my holding tanks are the same size as employees would probably switch them as well. Remember these are Amish for the most part.

JRTJH
04-27-2017, 10:44 AM
Chuckster, what ongoing discussion, where? :)

The "ongoing discussion" is found in multiple threads that have been posted about the topic of "mislabeled valves". There are probably 20+ threads and many more posts that reference "mislabeled handles" in threads about everything from PDI experiences to first camping trip and extending to "hey, guess what I found" kinds of threads and posts. I started reading this forum back in 2009 and I've seen posts about this "ongoing discussion" since then.

So, just look around and you'll find more posts about this "ongoing problem" that have been "discussing (and cussing) the problem for the last 8 or 9 years, at least.

notanlines
04-27-2017, 02:51 PM
"Remember these are Amish for the most part" Maybe a little harsh, Cap'nJohn. I wonder what the quality of Keystone and other RV's would be if the Amish workers made the same money as Detroit's best autoworkers? And what would be the quality of your Toyota if it was made by hand, not robot. I know I'm skirting the edge of a political statement, but I'm betting that speed is of the essence at ALL RV plants, not necessary "Quality is Job 1."

66joej
04-27-2017, 03:01 PM
^ Agree "notanlines". I guess that's why they are so cheap to buy.:nonono:
Wait a minute who is getting the short end of the stick?:banghead:

Ken / Claudia
04-27-2017, 05:28 PM
Funny thought, I do not recall a trailer from the Oregon plant having the same problems and many workers there do not speak English or very little.

66joej
04-27-2017, 05:50 PM
Funny thought, I do not recall a trailer from the Oregon plant having the same problems and many workers there do not speak English or very little.

I think I have to agree with you Ken. Our 318SAB 5er and current 24RKS were both built at the Pendleton plant and cross my fingers absolutely no issues.:D

Bash
11-10-2017, 10:07 AM
I bought my 2017 320RS in August and my labels are backwards for grey 1 and black. However my brother in law purchased the exact same model and it's a 2018. The grey 1 and black labels are in the same place. But his valves match the labels? Just wondering how the exact same floorplan would have a different drain valve location? Is the piping placement different? If piping is the same then the push rod linkages must be attached incorrectly/switched behind that panel?

John&Genny
11-10-2017, 12:40 PM
Bash, I'm pretty sure what happened is that the linkages just got reversed when they were installed. Easy enough fix was to just put new labels on the panel and call it good :) The real amazing part about this is how often it happens. I think those installers just like messing with us.