PDA

View Full Version : Lake Billy Chinook Oregon- Perry South Campground

nellie1289
04-25-2017, 07:51 PM
Looking to book a week here leading up to the fourth. all research online says its great, but the spots or non electric. I have generator, that is no problem, but I ran a search and after about an hour scouring all the USFS websites and local websites nobody mentions boo about running the generator during the day. I know during night after say 10pm would be bad, but how can rv's last 4-5 days with no power generating activities. can anyone help with this? I emailed the local USFS, nothing seems to be posted.

Here is the website

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/map_of_Perry_South_Campground/r/campgroundMap.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=74168&selectedSiteRb=144709

Mandolin
04-26-2017, 10:45 AM
Between 10pm and 7am generator use is forbidden, not "bad." Most of the USFS campgrounds out that way ask you to limit generator use to a few specific hours in the morning and a few hours in the evening. Some don't have set hours but ask that you restrict usage to a few hours.

It also sort of depends on your generator and your neighbors and how willing they are to complain and how receptive the campground host is or isn't. A lot of "quiet" generators aren't really all that quiet and your neighbors can get tired of listening to them.

It will most likely be hot during the day (assuming you mean July the 4th and not May the 4th, because the campground doesn't even open until the end of May) but it cools off at night, so trying to run the A/C at night isn't the problem it is elsewhere - you will likely be running fans, though.

I usually stay at Cove Palisades State Park instead, which has electric hookups. I assume that is full?

nellie1289
04-26-2017, 12:22 PM
yes, cove palisades is full. this other one has some great reviews. I would limit my use and I have a Yamaha 4500 that is 53db, about as quiet as it gets. 3200$ generator, lol.

Ken / Claudia
04-27-2017, 02:52 PM
I was there in about 2006 and as you needed to run the genny every day. That's what most RVers had back than. FYI the road to there was gravel for afew miles and bounced the **** out of the boat and truck camper. And I was not driving over 25mph.