PDA

View Full Version : Pin Hole Leak

Firewall
04-24-2017, 04:17 PM
Went to De-Winterize this past weekend, first time with this TT. Since I had never seen where the water comes in and how it is routed etc. I decided to take the inside panel off that exposes the backside of the water closet. Am I ever glad I did that!

So I went and charged the system and as I always do, ran inside to check and listen for leaks, all was quiet, checked the kitchen, bathroom, water heater, and finally looked in the water closet area and was promptly hit in the face with a very small stream of water. So back outside to shut the water off and then began investigating. Found the elbow in the picture with a very small pin hole leak. So off to Home Depot to fix this issue! I could have brought it back to the dealer as they guarantee their winterizing but the gas alone would have been more then the 3 dollar part.

If I had not taken that inside panel off that leak would have taken time to show up and could have done some serious damage. So if you are de-winterizing in the near future take your time and look everywhere!

CrazyCain
04-24-2017, 05:15 PM
Good catch!!Nice Job!!

:USA::bdance::applause:

66joej
04-24-2017, 05:21 PM
Very good point. Always go a little farther.

sourdough
04-24-2017, 06:02 PM
I would advise the dealership of the issue and sort of "rub their nose in it" and explain that their lack of attention could have cost you thousands of dollars.....and where is your discount card now that you've fixed it yourself??

chuckster57
04-24-2017, 06:10 PM
This also raises a good point. Is it really worth the cost of fuel/time for a simple fix. Have to factor in down time too as it sits waiting for a tech. We are currently 10 weeks out for appointments. Today I stood there listening to the boss turn down two customers.