PDA

View Full Version : Outlets not working

MAJKT
04-23-2017, 05:18 PM
I have a 2013 Sprinter 316BK and the following outlets do not work: next to kitchen table, under tv, next to stove and in master bedroom. Outlets outside kitchen, over island in kitchen and bunkhouse work fine. Any suggestions?

PARAPTOR
04-23-2017, 05:25 PM
I have a 2013 Sprinter 316BK and the following outlets do not work: next to kitchen table, under tv, next to stove and in master bedroom. Outlets outside kitchen, over island in kitchen and bunkhouse work fine. Any suggestions?

Two quick thinks to check

a tripped 110 VAC breaker in the power distribution Panel

a tripped GFI plug

MAJKT
04-23-2017, 05:35 PM
All the GFI outlets are fine it is the non GFI outlets. None of the fuse red lights are on.

Frank G
04-23-2017, 05:36 PM
The GFI outlet is most likely in the Bathroom.

They are all daisy chained off the one GFI outlet

PARAPTOR
04-23-2017, 05:41 PM
All the GFI outlets are fine it is the non GFI outlets. None of the fuse red lights are on.

Those red lights you are referring to are for the fuses for your 12VDC circuits, The plugs your are referring to are 110 VAC and the breakers I was referring to are the ones like in your stick house, generally to the left of those red lights

PARAPTOR
04-23-2017, 05:44 PM
The GFI outlet is most likely in the Bathroom.

They are all daisy chained off the one GFI outlet

As stated by Frank normal looking plugs are daisy chained off of the GFI plug. That is to say the GFI powers/protects the normal plugs

BuxCamper
04-23-2017, 06:15 PM
Run your finger down the column of circuit breakers. If one feels out of line with the rest it is probably tripped. Turn the breaker off and then on. That will reset it.

The out of alignment is often not noticeable by eye. They really should go half way between off and on so you can find them quickly.

-- Mark

sourdough
04-23-2017, 06:57 PM
Run your finger down the column of circuit breakers. If one feels out of line with the rest it is probably tripped. Turn the breaker off and then on. That will reset it.

The out of alignment is often not noticeable by eye. They really should go half way between off and on so you can find them quickly.

-- Mark

Out of line or feel "soft", like it isn't really locked in. If so, flip it all the way off and then on.

warsw
04-23-2017, 09:30 PM
Had this same thing in a TT I had a few years back. What I found was a loose connection at one of the plugs and all the plugs down stream from that one were dead. Start by checking the plugs closest to the breaker panel and work your way out. Make sure you are unplugged from shore power before you start. You don't want to find a live wire the hard way :eek:.

ctbruce
04-24-2017, 03:31 AM
MAJKT: Be sure to return and post what you find out. This helps others who encounter the same issue(s) that you did. It also adds to the tool bag of suggestions from those who offered help. Good luck on your outlets!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

MAJKT
04-24-2017, 06:18 AM
All my GFI are fine. I'm starting to wonder if the mouse family I had in thetailer this winter may have chewed on some wires going to the first outlet in the series which happens to be right beside where they had their nest which is right next to he 110 inlet?

Ken / Claudia
04-24-2017, 08:05 AM
Could be any of the above. But, my bet is you have not found all the GFIs and 1 is tripped. They are not always were you think. as in a stick built home. Be 100% sure you looked under all cabinets, in cabinets, lower areas like dinning both or seating. Really every where and push each one to test it.

BuxCamper
04-24-2017, 09:09 AM
I'd bet on the mice. They like the taste of electrical insulation.

-- Mark

canesfan
04-24-2017, 09:11 AM
^^^ x2 on the mice. They like that wiring for some reason. But it could be any other number of things listed above.