PDA

View Full Version : Don't use these

chuckster57
04-23-2017, 09:03 AM
I got this "free" and thought I would give them a try:
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_234545_0_ff63700b375323fec8e93d9b5ccb3847.jpg

Dropped one in a bowl full of water. Poked it open after a couple of minutes and flushed. Drained/rinsed black tank this morning and watched this blue "blob" pass through the clear piece. Gonna stick to my liquid (TST citrus).

canesfan
04-23-2017, 09:14 AM
Good to know. I've been using these https://www.amazon.com/Walex-BIO-11530-Bio-Pak-Deodorizer-Digester/dp/B00157TGXY/ref=sr_1_1 the last few years. I like them. Drop in some water in the toilet, they dissolve, and flush.

Javi
04-23-2017, 09:24 AM
DW bought some the last time we were in CW and we've used them a couple of times but haven't seen any blobs.

I dropped one in the bowl and watched it dissolve.... took a couple of minutes... then flushed. No muss, no fuss....

Generally we just use liquid Dawn but she had a coupon :D

Javi

PARAPTOR
04-23-2017, 09:43 AM
DW bought some the last time we were in CW and we've used them a couple of times but haven't seen any blobs.

I dropped one in the bowl and watched it dissolve.... took a couple of minutes... then flushed. No muss, no fuss....

Generally we just use liquid Dawn but she had a coupon :D

Javi

I still Remember your posting on this a couple years back and have been using a cap full after every tank dump, Been going it ever since, works fine

ADDED: Forgot :facepalm::facepalm: to mention that is cap fulls of Downey. may also try the dawn seems like it would be more of a cleaning agent

sourdough
04-23-2017, 09:55 AM
I got this "free" and thought I would give them a try:
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_234555_0_ff63700b375323fec8e93d9b5ccb3847.jpg

Dropped one in a bowl full of water. Poked it open after a couple of minutes and flushed. Drained/rinsed black tank this morning and watched this blue "blob" pass through the clear piece. Gonna stick to my liquid (TST citrus).

I've not tried this product but I have used the same concept in the dishwasher and clothes washer at the house (plastic? encased little packets). In both cases the things wouldn't dissolve. They left a mess in the dishwasher. I figured they would only cause me a problem in the RV black tank so just use our regular liquid stuff.

Desert185
04-23-2017, 02:59 PM
I've not tried this product but I have used the same concept in the dishwasher and clothes washer at the house (plastic? encased little packets). In both cases the things wouldn't dissolve. They left a mess in the dishwasher. I figured they would only cause me a problem in the RV black tank so just use our regular liquid stuff.

The soft pack soaps work well in our dishwasher, but in the black tank we have been using Dawn. Seems to work great.

CaptnJohn
04-23-2017, 04:26 PM
I use a combo of liquid chemical and Dawn ...

jertour
04-24-2017, 05:09 AM
I have been using Calgon water softner (liquid or powder) and detergent every two or three tanks and a little bleach to help with odor when needed.
No trouble with the sensors in the tanks for two years now.

UsTwo
04-24-2017, 09:34 AM
I use the GEO method, to some degree..seems to work well...

Dave W
04-27-2017, 03:58 AM
There have been some reports elsewhere of folks using those Dometic packets in motor homes with a macerator - and clogging/burning the motor out with a wadded up glob. We just use a partial bottle of whatever Walmart sells to keep the odor down since there is little chance of it breaking down solids unless we are traveling. I might try some of that 'wonder product', Dawn soon though as it's more readily available and cheaper.

Jeepshots
04-27-2017, 06:35 AM
I open those little packets and pour the granular contents down the toilet. Don't trust the "plastic" to dissolve. That's because i put the first one in a bowl of water to see how/if it dissolves. it got real goopy, but never totally dissolved. So, i now dump in the granules, and throw the plastic away.

rhagfo
04-27-2017, 06:45 AM
I don't use anything with a gummy "dissolving" wrapper, as they really need really hot water and then they don't always dissolve!

TLB
04-29-2017, 04:08 PM
I open those little packets and pour the granular contents down the toilet.

Same here.

Leatherman
04-30-2017, 05:15 AM
I have been using those Dometic tank drops for a while and have not had a problem. I make sure there is enough water in the tank after letting the tank empty at the site. I put in 5 or so gallons of water and drop in one of those packs. That way it can fizz up on the way home and hopefullly do some cleaning action. I use that along with the calgon treatment seems to work good.